I do not have chromecast or wifi and i am trying to screen mirror my s6 to my sony bravia tv
    09-02-2015 04:55 PM
    I believe both devices need to be Samsung Brand.
    09-02-2015 05:50 PM
    I do not have chromecast or wifi and i am trying to screen mirror my s6 to my sony bravia tv
    Open notification drawer, click pencil icon top right, click mirroring and see if your TV shows up

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-02-2015 08:04 PM
    Tip: Turn off PHONE WIFI before trying to screen mirror to TV. The initial setup does work otherwise. Follow my steps below.

I connected both an S4 and S6 to a Sony Bravia. Turn on TV. Select input. Find the input which says screen mirroring. Next screen that came up asked me if I wanted a connection guide. I did nothing. Turned my phone wifi off. Then turned screen mirroring on my phone by using the swipe down motion, I did this by starting from the top of my phone and swiping down. This brings up quick links. Find the one labeled screen mirror. If you dont see it select edit on the top part of the screen to see more links. Let it scan for the Tv. It should pop up. Select it. After you see your screen mirror on the tv you can go back and turn your phone wifi on if you want. For an S4 the Tv process is the same. The phone process a little different. You still turn off phone wifi first. The mirror setting are found by go to Settings > Nearby Devices, ( toggle it on), then select screen mirroring. Tv should pop up. Select it. Then turn phone wifi on if you want.
    01-30-2016 09:07 PM
    thank you this guy know what's up. This worked easily for me on my s6 edge Plus
    06-21-2016 04:58 PM
    I just got my Samsung Galaxy S8 2 weeks ago and since then I wasnt able to figure out how to Cast / Sceen Mirror to my Sony Bravia Smart TV - my TV wont connect with the S8 and would just give me an error message that the connection failed!

Scoured the internet since then looking for answers / help on what I can do or if Im missing some process out - all I got was garbage and was close to being convinced that I needed to get a dongle or something to be able to cast to my TV - until this post! Followed the instructions and viola! Worked like a charm!

nelsot5 - you are a savior! Super thanks!
    05-21-2017 01:39 PM
    Tip: Turn off PHONE WIFI before trying to screen mirror to TV. The initial setup does work otherwise. Follow my steps below.

I connected both an S4 and S6 to a Sony Bravia. Turn on TV. Select input. Find the input which says screen mirroring. Next screen that came up asked me if I wanted a connection guide. I did nothing. Turned my phone wifi off. Then turned screen mirroring on my phone by using the swipe down motion, I did this by starting from the top of my phone and swiping down. This brings up quick links. Find the one labeled screen mirror. If you dont see it select edit on the top part of the screen to see more links. Let it scan for the Tv. It should pop up. Select it. After you see your screen mirror on the tv you can go back and turn your phone wifi on if you want. For an S4 the Tv process is the same. The phone process a little different. You still turn off phone wifi first. The mirror setting are found by go to Settings > Nearby Devices, ( toggle it on), then select screen mirroring. Tv should pop up. Select it. Then turn phone wifi on if you want.
    Hi listen I tried doing that with my s6 but its smart view now and I turned it off and tapped it but the WiFi came on automatically so help
    10-24-2017 04:13 PM