09-30-2015 01:15 PM
30 12
tools
    Can't download as I'm at work but got notification and states 5.1.1.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BioFanatic likes this.
    09-03-2015 07:19 AM
    Can't download as I'm at work but got notification and states 5.1.1.

Jealous, nothing for Telus yet ;(
    09-03-2015 08:47 AM
    Jealous, nothing for Telus yet ;(
    Mobilesyrup says all carriers releasing, Telus should get very shortly.

So, all the updates i expect are there...except the ability to disable apps from working while on standby from Battery section. The section "Abnormal Battery Usage" which i thought was a section you could disable/enable apps to run in backround while idle doesnt work. Am i missing something?
    09-03-2015 01:32 PM
    Mobilesyrup says all carriers releasing, Telus should get very shortly.

So, all the updates i expect are there...except the ability to disable apps from working while on standby from Battery section. The section "Abnormal Battery Usage" which i thought was a section you could disable/enable apps to run in backround while idle doesnt work. Am i missing something?
    That's where it used to be but in my recent update of 5.1.1 for the Indian firmware it had been moved. Try here:
    Attached Thumbnails Rogers 5.1.1 available-1441305933892.jpg   Rogers 5.1.1 available-1441305945823.jpg  
    chezm likes this.
    09-03-2015 01:45 PM
    Still nothing for bell hopefully soon

09-03-2015 03:45 PM
    That's where it used to be but in my recent update of 5.1.1 for the Indian firmware it had been moved. Try here:
    Thanks, this is along the lines of what I was looking for. So, all of my apps are set to auto stop...I guess I want to leave this feature on if I want to avoid apps fr running frequently that I use rarely. But I'm a little confused, if I click on auto stop it changes to cancel auto stop and says the app will stop running in 10 mins...but why would I want it to stop if I cancel the auto stop...shouldn't it be the other way around?

09-03-2015 04:51 PM
    The biggest issue with the Auto Stop feature is that you can't autostop system apps.

Facebook and Instagram are the biggest battery drainers on my S6 and since I don't need instant notifications, I would love for them to be stopped automatically but unfortunately it's not allowed.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 05:00 PM
    Thanks, this is along the lines of what I was looking for. So, all of my apps are set to auto stop...I guess I want to leave this feature on if I want to avoid apps fr running frequently that I use rarely. But I'm a little confused, if I click on auto stop it changes to cancel auto stop and says the app will stop running in 10 mins...but why would I want it to stop if I cancel the auto stop...shouldn't it be the other way around?

I don't understand what you mean by your question. I'm glad that the auto stop feature was where I suggested. I was so pissed when I thought that the Indian firmware had deleted the feature and was desperate for the Australian firmware to come out. I went on xda forums and asked if the Australian version had the feature and they were the ones that told me where it was now located. Now I doubt I will be changing to the Australian firmware until I decide to trade the phone in. Also if you want to increase standby time try greenify and Doze. Those two apps have literally added hours onto my standby time
    09-03-2015 06:42 PM
    I don't understand what you mean by your question. I'm glad that the auto stop feature was where I suggested. I was so pissed when I thought that the Indian firmware had deleted the feature and was desperate for the Australian firmware to come out. I went on xda forums and asked if the Australian version had the feature and they were the ones that told me where it was now located. Now I doubt I will be changing to the Australian firmware until I decide to trade the phone in. Also if you want to increase standby time try greenify and Doze. Those two apps have literally added hours onto my standby time
    I guess i confused things, basically i find the way the options are presented are odd. And also, i assumed the feature would autostop the app running in the background forever, or is this the case? If i set apps to Autostop, will they only run when i open them and as soon as app is killed (no longer in menu list) they are autostopped...or do i have to re-do the process every time? Im just confused how this works.
    09-04-2015 07:50 AM
    Just checked again this morning, still nothing from Telus. I am in no rush anyway.
    09-04-2015 08:22 AM
    Just found this:

Update, September 3rd, 5:27pm: Rogers has halted the rollout of Android 5.1.1 on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge after finding a bug that it is “currently working with Samsung” to fix.

It’s unclear whether the same bug affects the other carriers’ models, but we’ve reached out to them for comment.

Rogers also confirmed that the Android 5.1.1 update will bring Voice Over LTE support to the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge.

We’ll update this post when the rollout resumes.
    09-04-2015 08:42 AM
    Just found this:

Update, September 3rd, 5:27pm: Rogers has halted the rollout of Android 5.1.1 on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge after finding a bug that it is “currently working with Samsung” to fix.

It’s unclear whether the same bug affects the other carriers’ models, but we’ve reached out to them for comment.

Rogers also confirmed that the Android 5.1.1 update will bring Voice Over LTE support to the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge.

yes saw this yesterday...performance wise i havent noticed any problems or issues so far. Im sure its minor and something that will get fixed asap.
    09-04-2015 08:54 AM
    Just found this:

As someone that updated to 5.1.1 on Rogers yesterday, not cool! They take 2 months longer than most of the world, and it's STILL not working?

Second thing, I noticed in the phone app that there's a video call button next to the dial button... however, it always fails. Is there anyone that can actually receive these calls?
    09-04-2015 08:58 AM
    As someone that updated to 5.1.1 on Rogers yesterday, not cool! They take 2 months longer than most of the world, and it's STILL not working?

Second thing, I noticed in the phone app that there's a video call button next to the dial button... however, it always fails. Is there anyone that can actually receive these calls?
    The video call is Volte related and its failing as service is still being corrected, likely related to bug.

BioFanatic likes this.
    09-04-2015 09:39 AM
    Once again, Telus was last, but thankfully it was a stable release. Update came in last night, updated, no issues what so ever, and the phone is running better than ever!
    chezm likes this.
    09-09-2015 09:25 AM
    Once again, Telus was last, but thankfully it was a stable release. Update came in last night, updated, no issues what so ever, and the phone is running better than ever!
    I find my battery is draining more after 5.1.1, let me know if you experience the same.

09-09-2015 10:16 AM
    Don't think Telus is last - still waiting on Bell to release this!
    09-09-2015 10:26 AM
    I find my battery is draining more after 5.1.1, let me know if you experience the same.

I will let you know so far not noticing any drain but it's only my first day with the update
    09-09-2015 11:36 AM
    Don't think Telus is last - still waiting on Bell to release this!
    Okay one of the last Either way, seems damn stable thus far
    09-09-2015 11:37 AM
    Updated my S6 Edge as soon as I saw the update was available. Now i can't receive calls/texts when on WiFi. Rogers Technical support isn't sure what's causing it. I reset my router and even did a factory reset on my phone, yet the problem still persists. Ugh...
    09-09-2015 03:45 PM
    Updated my S6 Edge as soon as I saw the update was available. Now i can't receive calls/texts when on WiFi. Rogers Technical support isn't sure what's causing it. I reset my router and even did a factory reset on my phone, yet the problem still persists. Ugh...
    Turn off the new voLTE feature. That's probably what's causing it. Not sure where your setting is on Rogers but usually under Phone > More > Settings > and somewhere under the call settings area.
    09-09-2015 03:53 PM
    Is this on all WiFi networks or just your home? I don't have the issue.

09-09-2015 05:56 PM
    Turn off the new voLTE feature. That's probably what's causing it. Not sure where your setting is on Rogers but usually under Phone > More > Settings > and somewhere under the call settings area.
    I have Volte on and it isn't causing the problem...but I don't have the edge, just regular s6.

09-09-2015 06:00 PM
    Tried that and it didn't work.
    as of right now, i have reset my router, factory reset my phone, tried my sim in a different phone, turned off VoLTE and nothing has worked. I cannot receive calls or texts when i'm on my home WiFi. It seems to be okay when i'm at work and connected to that wifi though...why wouldn't my wifi work?
    09-09-2015 06:42 PM
    Tried that and it didn't work.
    as of right now, i have reset my router, factory reset my phone, tried my sim in a different phone, turned off VoLTE and nothing has worked. I cannot receive calls or texts when i'm on my home WiFi. It seems to be okay when i'm at work and connected to that wifi though...why wouldn't my wifi work?
    Reinstall your stock 5.1.1 through "Smart Switch" app or if you find your carrier stock 5.1.1 on line, reinstall it with Odin 3.10.7.
    09-09-2015 09:28 PM
30 12