Hey
    I have searched on Google for answers but can't find anything matching my situation.
    I have a Samsung s6 running 5.1.1 however when I'm at the gym with my headphones in the volume turns itself down to mute.
    It's not a button being accidently pressed as when I turn it back up whilst still in my hand it turns back down
    I have the sound alive turned off and the volume adjustment setting is off. I've tried a restore. It's getting on my nerves now to be honest as when I'm running on the treadmill I either have to stop or just run with no music on.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 09:44 AM
    The thing that annoys me about the volume on the S6 is I wish that when I turned the volume down on my phone it will turn the volume down everywhere. It annoys me when I turn the volume down and it's still full volume when I go to an app and I have to turn the volume down again
    09-03-2015 10:01 AM
    I don't have an answer but I'm experiencing this also.

the volume will jump both ways, though, and it's always to the extreme ends of the volume. So - annoying when it drops to zero, but when you have in earphones and the volume jumps SUDDENLY to 100% it's painful!

I've also searched other forums and seen similar comments about other phones (mine is Samsung S6) and media apps (I'm using Amazon Music, but others are using other apps)

This is a horrible glitch. We need a fix ASAP or my hearing will be gone soon
    09-04-2015 02:37 PM
    My S6 has done this on a few occasions while cutting my grass. I discovered that the phone was getting too hot in my pocket and causing this behavior. The volume would lower or raise itself with or without the screen on. I took my phone out of its case and let it cool down a few minutes before starting the music up again and finished cutting the grass without the case. Since then I don't use the case and keep the phone in my pocket, or I do use my otterbox belt clip to keep the phone out of my pocket. Either way, I don't have the issue any more.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 05:49 AM
    I have the exact same issue when using headphones at the gym. Volume fluctuates from high to low, back and forth... and Google Now goes crazy. I have to power phone off because nothing will stop it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-14-2016 12:56 PM
    It could be moisture shorting the buttons...
    02-15-2016 02:55 PM
    I have the same issue but it's not heat or moisture related.

When ever I use headphones with no input controls, or broken input controls, my volume goes wonky. Moving back and forth, high to low. I have turned on the volume screen and fought with my phone to control the volume. I lost many times. After taking the headphones out (which works great on other devices) I go back and readjust the volume.

Then while I'm sleeping (with my phone on the nightstand) it will spontaneously change the volumes to mute. Then in the morning I miss calls, texts, and even my alarm is muted.

Very frustrating. So after I use any headphones I restart my phone.

This bug sucks and has caused my childeren to be late for school, missed announcements, and much more. It needs fixing
    04-21-2016 07:02 PM
    I have just got an S6 and am having the same issue with the volume changing by itself both up and down. I had a note 3 and had started to experience problems, but thought it was the headphones so was very annoyed when it continued with my new s6. Has anyone come across anyour solutions?
    06-05-2016 10:19 AM
    My S4 is doing the same thing, turns the volume down in the settings and I have to constantly be turning it back up again, I'm missing calls and text messages because of it, have done several reboots and also did the factory reset and lost alot of things that were on my phone!! The problem persists!! What can I possibly do????
    06-15-2016 10:55 AM
    you probably have an app that changes volume based on the time of the day
    06-17-2016 05:55 AM
    I have the same issue. I use Spotify and put my headphones in, and it's fine for a while. A few minutes later, it'll just go bananas and be from like half volume to full volume. It only happens when I wear headphones, and it just is so horrible when it goes on full volume without warning. My phone is a 2015 Samsung galaxy A5.. help!!
    10-07-2018 08:26 AM