So I really want to customize my android experience. This is my first android phone, so I am pretty new to customizing. I know everyone complains about touchwiz (I don't mind it, but maybe that's because I've never used it till now). It seems pretty fast, but I just want to change the look.

It seems like you can really only change the homescreen look with launchers without any bugs. I would also like to change the lockscreen and notification bar looks. Is that possible?

For the homescreen I'm trying to use Nova Launcher, but I am so new to this I really don't know what exactly I want it to look like. How do you guys begin the customization process. I want something very colorful to use up the GS6 beautiful display, so I got a colorful wallpaper, the soul icon pack and now I don't really know how I want them placed/what widgets to use. Where do you guys get your widgets?

With changing default apps, I changed my messaging app to textra, sunrise for weather and google clock for my alarms. Are those good, and are there other apps I should consider replacing?

I know this thread is all over the place with questions, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    09-04-2015 09:01 AM
    Welcome to Android Central and Android.

It seems like you can really only change the homescreen look with launchers without any bugs.
    Not just the look, but to a small degree, how it behaves. With Nova, you can add actions, scroll animations, gesture commands (Prime), etc.

I would also like to change the lockscreen and notification bar looks. Is that possible?
    Sadly, no. At least not unrooted (but not something for someone so new to the OS to dive into just yet)

How do you guys begin the customization process. I want something very colorful to use up the GS6 beautiful display, so I got a colorful wallpaper, the soul icon pack and now I don't really know how I want them placed/what widgets to use. Where do you guys get your widgets?
    This is almost a loaded question...kind of like asking 20 people how they like their pizza. The best thing is to pick something to start with and go from there. Probably the best thing to do is go into Nova settings and just go down the list (easier to know where you left off, and gives a static starting point). Where do I start? I typically change the dock first. Phone dimensions are getting big to the point where I add Nova actions in the Dock, for notifications, apps drawer, and quick toggles (I will upload a screen shot in a few minutes). Why do I do this? It reduces my need to reach the top of the screen.
    Widgets are dictated by the app you get (mainly). I like Dashclock because it can take info from several different places and puts them all together in one central location. I put mine at the top of my home screen (again, the whole reducing the need to touch the top).

With changing default apps, I changed my messaging app to textra, sunrise for weather and google clock for my alarms. Are those good, and are there other apps I should consider replacing?
    To each their own, and really that's what is good about the OS. I like 1Weather for weather reports. Textra is a good texting app.

For more info on Nova: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-new-post.html
    09-04-2015 10:05 AM
    My home screen
    I need help customizing my GS6 please :)-uploadfromtaptalk1441379280727.jpg

From my G4
    Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
    09-04-2015 10:08 AM