GS 6 settings and features

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,
I just got an international version of the GS6, "F" and I seem to have quite a bit of issues or maybe I have no clue how to use this thing. Coming from an GS 2. I have a few issues, but I'll just pose the first major issue, at least for the wife, since I bought this one for her. On the stock camera app, I seem to miss a few options from the user manual. For example, I can't download anything when clicking on the Download button in the Mode menu. It gives me an no network error, but I am connected to tmobile network. I also have no Shutter On/Off option, no Video stabilization, no Picture stabilization option, and my photos are almost always blurry after taking the shots. Only the video capture seems to be clear.

That is for now. Would really appreciate any help, and get my wife off my back at the same time. Thanks. :)

james

LittleLove1

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I cannot be certain but if the model # of the phone doesn't begin with the letter, "S", it could be an international model. This makes the phone slow when searching the internet, unable to connect to WiFi and also unable to find Bluetooth. When manufactured for non-U.S. countries, the antenna is different and therefore very limited in the way the phone operates overall. If you want to be certain, call Samsung with all the partiulars about the phone. Model Number, ID, MEID OR IMEI and they will tell you exactly what you have and if it will work optimally in the U.S.
I spoke to Samsung personally because of the symptomolgy I described above. No way around it performing poorly if this is the case. Mine was a Samsung Galaxy Mega, Model # GT-I9152. If it was a U.S. Model it would be in the "About phone section and would have been Model S___ I don't recall the correct U.S. model # but it must start with an S in the phone menu.
Good Luck,

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.Yes I'm certain that it's an intl. model even though it starts wit SM-G920F, the "F" or "I" stands for int. If it was a T, then it would be a Tmobile version or A for AT&T version. Also, you are right, the phone is quite lagging, not as snappy as the GS6 that I was playing with at Best Buy or a loca Tmoble store. However, at this point, I'm more concerned with the missing settings and features for the stock camera app, my original question.

Note: I have not done a hard reset yet, but it will probably the last resort.

See attached photo

Attachments

• 20150806_071714.jpg
    20150806_071714.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown