09-09-2015 09:49 PM
33 12
tools
    Wtf are you talking about. I just told you I changed my phone to AUTO BRIGHTNESS and had the same results. Quit being so bitter and sarcastic over something as dumb as screen brightness
    You said you turned on auto. Great. You also said the brightness stayed the same which is 0% (you've stated many times as such) because your indoors 24/7. Turn your brightness up to normal levels to most, 30, 40% and report back.

Take your own advice. You started the "so yeah" and being sarcastic.

I'm out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 08:03 AM
    You said you turned on auto. Great. You also said the brightness stayed the same which is 0% (you've stated many times as such) because your indoors 24/7. Turn your brightness up to normal levels to most, 30, 40% and report back.

I'm out.

Lmfao YOU were the one that was being sarcastic to me in your original post. If people want to have their phone at a certain level of brightness that is their choice. And for the record quit putting words in my mouth. I have said repeatedly that I also sometimes keep my brightness at around 20% or so. Geez calm down
    09-08-2015 08:19 AM

I'm out.

THIS is the brightness my phone is on a lot of the time. Especially since I got my glasses and need a brighter screen
    Attached Thumbnails Location, Location History and their possible battery drain-1441720978612.jpg  
    09-08-2015 09:03 AM
    THIS is the brightness my phone is on a lot of the time. Especially since I got my glasses and need a brighter screen
    But since you never leave the house and inside 24/7, i bet your on wifi 100% of the time? That saves battery like no other as your not going in and out of service like some that travel and etc.

Still, your usage is not indicative of the masses. There are 2 things that effect battery life that is proven and that is a) cellular connectivity and b) screen brightness.

I'm not saying what you say is wrong in any way, but it's just not how most others use their phone.

09-08-2015 11:06 AM
    I will say this much - I never leave Location services on for any Android device, simply because it's a notorious battery sucker no matter what you do. I don't care about locating a lost phone, I'll take my chances. I do have location history enabled simply because I do use Maps quite a lot and find that I'm frequently in situations where I'm making a trip back to somewhere I haven't been in a few months and like the convenience of not having to retype the address all over again. I only turn on Location Services when I'm going to be using my GPS for nav or searching for stores "near me"
    09-08-2015 11:47 AM
    I will say this much - I never leave Location services on for any Android device, simply because it's a notorious battery sucker no matter what you do. I don't care about locating a lost phone, I'll take my chances. I do have location history enabled simply because I do use Maps quite a lot and find that I'm frequently in situations where I'm making a trip back to somewhere I haven't been in a few months and like the convenience of not having to retype the address all over again. I only turn on Location Services when I'm going to be using my GPS for nav or searching for stores "near me"
    Location History is what kills your battery. I have it turned off and High Accuracy mode on and battery drain is negligible. Why not just "favorite" addresses in Google Maps? No need for Location History for that.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    09-08-2015 09:10 PM
    Location History is what kills your battery. I have it turned off and High Accuracy mode on and battery drain is negligible. Why not just "favorite" addresses in Google Maps? No need for Location History for that.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    I do a combination of favourites and history. With the amount of travelling I do my favourites list would get quite bloated full of addresses I visit fairly often but with fairly long stretches between visits and I prefer to reserve my favourites list for more highly frequented addresses
    09-09-2015 11:09 AM
    But since you never leave the house and inside 24/7, i bet your on wifi 100% of the time? That saves battery like no other as your not going in and out of service like some that travel and etc.

Still, your usage is not indicative of the masses. There are 2 things that effect battery life that is proven and that is a) cellular connectivity and b) screen brightness.

I'm not saying what you say is wrong in any way, but it's just not how most others use their phone.

Ok, calm down kids

dreaming of electric sheep
    09-09-2015 09:49 PM
33 12