I need help with fixing my S6. Today i dropped the phone into my bathtub, I pulled it out quickly and I placed the phone in a towel and let it dry out for a couple minutes. After that i mistakenly decided to turn it on to see if it was alright, as soon as i turned it on there were lines across my screen and the phone said it was overheating. I turned it off and tried to cool it down (putting it by a fan) I turned it on again a couple minutes ago but the screen is completely black with the notification blinker in the top. The soft buttons on the bottom are vibrating when i touch them making me think that the phone is on but the screen is still dark. I cant turn it back off because i cant even see whats on the screen. I took out the sim card and put the phone in a cool area. What should i do to fix it?
    09-07-2015 05:13 PM
    Your phone is fried. You should have waited a few days for it to dry before turning it on. Bad luck.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
    09-07-2015 05:16 PM
    Well what should i do?
    09-07-2015 05:36 PM
    Well what should i do?
    Unless you have insurance, the only thing to do is, well, buy a new phone. Sorry this happened to you though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    aokusman1 likes this.
    09-07-2015 06:48 PM
    Sell it for parts for maybe $200 then add $300 and buy a new one from t-mobile.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
    09-07-2015 07:18 PM
    I need help with fixing my S6. Today i dropped the phone into my bathtub, I pulled it out quickly and I placed the phone in a towel and let it dry out for a couple minutes. After that i mistakenly decided to turn it on to see if it was alright, as soon as i turned it on there were lines across my screen and the phone said it was overheating. I turned it off and tried to cool it down (putting it by a fan) I turned it on again a couple minutes ago but the screen is completely black with the notification blinker in the top. The soft buttons on the bottom are vibrating when i touch them making me think that the phone is on but the screen is still dark. I cant turn it back off because i cant even see whats on the screen. I took out the sim card and put the phone in a cool area. What should i do to fix it?
    You can rest assured that it fried when the water reached the circuitry, not when you turned it on. If a person dropped a phone in water and had no battery in it, you would be able to completely dry it out (presuming the water was clean), insert a battery, and go. Unfortunately, if a battery is in a phone - even if the phone is off - and water reaches the circuitry, it's a goner. Some cases have been posted where it worked, either right away or after rescue techniques such as rice, but in those cases either the water never actually reached circuitry, or they have not yet discovered the damage. But yes, it's a goner. You could buy a new one, possibly pay to have Samsung fix it, or pick up a used S4 or S5.
    09-07-2015 10:27 PM