How is your S6 Battery Life?

Mad Spoons

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
It's not the greatest. But between the insanely fast charge (even with a basic 2amp charger) and wireless charging (which has become indispensable to me) I honestly worry less about battery life than I have with any other phone. (Including my old Xperia Z3.)

Posted via the Android Central App

Tim Caldwell

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Nowhere as good as my MOTO RAZR that I upgraded from. I can't even get a full day without having to top it off. And I consider this "average" use. I'm truly not on the phone all day long. (running 5.1.1)

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I loved that phone but eventually sold it because of battery. I didn't even use it that much and it wouldn't last a whole day. Miss the phone so thinking next I'll get a note 5. If you can charge it all the time, go ahead but if you will be away from consistent charging or don't want to have to charge it mid day, I wouldn't really recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I get about five and a half to six hours of on screen time per charge. Each persons experience is different based on different settings, network etc

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Battery is ok at best. On average I can through a full day with 1.5 - 2 hours screen on. Or half a day with 4 hour SOT.

It depends on your network and signal etc. If I spend a whole day at home I can get 5 hours SOT with 16ish hours standby and I have horrible signal. It constantly switches between lte and 4g.
However when I'm at school I have a full 5 bars of lte and my signal never drops but I get only 8 hours of standby with 2 hours of SOT.

I don't understand the logic lol. Anyways buy the s6 and try it out, if the battery is bad then return it, I think most carriers allow a 14 day return period.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
But what's average? A total of 2 hours use? 3? Checking it for 5 minutes every hour?

Everyone's "average use" is different.

I can say I use my phone a lot, I check it more than 5 minutes every hour. I would say 2-3 hrs onscreen every 24 hours. Most use is work calls, email, YouTube, texting and some apps.

I guess most here can assume, based on all the discussions, 2-3 hours onscreen can be considered moderate/average use. Fair?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I am a fairly heavy user of the phone. Although I don't game. I do a lot of text messaging plus I watch a lot of videos on YouTube. Use the camera and social media too. I had a note 4 before and I used to get 3.5 hours of SOT on average.

I don't know how and why (despite what others say) I'm getting the same 3.5-4 hours of SOT on the S6. Which is fairly good.

I don't game I don't keep the brightness to the max when I'm indoors I've disabled the crap S6 had to offer as well as don't care too much about the battery.

Well... the S6 didn't really upset me with the battery life. I was really worried too at first coming from the Note 4. But it's just the same. No worries.

I know people who game a lot and use their phones as 4G hotspots and what not. They usually have to charge their phones before the end of the day.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Battery life...

This is not the phone you're looking for

This. Where there's smoke there's fire. Don't let yourself get pulled in by a couple of posters trying to convince you everyone else is wrong. Even Phil Nickinson wasn't happy with the battery life.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
This. Where there's smoke there's fire. Don't let yourself get pulled in by a couple of posters trying to convince you everyone else is wrong. Even Phil Nickinson wasn't happy with the battery life.

Again, this is all based on what a user considers themselves. For heavy users I agree with you, but for moderate users its more than enough. I don't think anyone disagrees the battery could be better, but isn't it interesting its OK to claim this phone has a bad battery and this is with the assumption that applies to anyone? Funny when people consider their opinions a matter of fact and that's it.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
S6 could have a bigger battery but the real issue is the lack of battery optimization.

There are so many tweaks and fixes for this phone I'm afraid the majority of people will never even experience what this phone is capable of, and even the nerds that have applied a lot of tweaks are still discovering areas that can be improved even further.

dreaming of electric sheep

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
S6 could have a bigger battery but the real issue is the lack of battery optimization.

There are so many tweaks and fixes for this phone I'm afraid the majority of people will never even experience what this phone is capable of, and even the nerds that have applied a lot of tweaks are still discovering areas that can be improved even further.

dreaming of electric sheep

I think this is the case with most Android phones, not just the S6. The same issue with my LG G3, previous nexus 5 as well as others I know with Androids who have to do the same tweaks.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
My gripe with the S6 battery isnt it's life. It's the fact when I take it off the charger when it says it is finished charging it immediately reads 98%. Just now it even read 96%. I'm fed up of it

Edna Alcazar

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine use to say 100% now it says 99% after charged.Could be back round apps that you are running doing this.Clear your cache and see what happens again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon