09-16-2015 05:28 AM
29 12
tools
    I am looking forward to get the S6 but I am little worry about the battery.
    09-11-2015 08:43 PM
    Fine for one day with average use. But not as good as my iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-12-2015 04:06 AM
    It's not the greatest. But between the insanely fast charge (even with a basic 2amp charger) and wireless charging (which has become indispensable to me) I honestly worry less about battery life than I have with any other phone. (Including my old Xperia Z3.)

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-12-2015 05:09 AM
    For battery I would recommend the S6 Active or the Note 5 over the S6

dreaming of electric sheep
    09-12-2015 05:11 AM
    Battery life...

This is not the phone you're looking for

drone3 likes this.
    09-12-2015 07:37 AM
    Nowhere as good as my MOTO RAZR that I upgraded from. I can't even get a full day without having to top it off. And I consider this "average" use. I'm truly not on the phone all day long. (running 5.1.1)
    09-12-2015 09:22 AM
    I loved that phone but eventually sold it because of battery. I didn't even use it that much and it wouldn't last a whole day. Miss the phone so thinking next I'll get a note 5. If you can charge it all the time, go ahead but if you will be away from consistent charging or don't want to have to charge it mid day, I wouldn't really recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-12-2015 11:41 AM
    I get about five and a half to six hours of on screen time per charge. Each persons experience is different based on different settings, network etc
    09-12-2015 12:00 PM
    Fine for one day with average use.

This
    09-12-2015 12:54 PM
    Fine for one day with average use.

This again.

09-12-2015 01:17 PM
    This
    But what's average? A total of 2 hours use? 3? Checking it for 5 minutes every hour?

Everyone's "average use" is different.

09-12-2015 01:36 PM
    Battery is ok at best. On average I can through a full day with 1.5 - 2 hours screen on. Or half a day with 4 hour SOT.

It depends on your network and signal etc. If I spend a whole day at home I can get 5 hours SOT with 16ish hours standby and I have horrible signal. It constantly switches between lte and 4g.
    However when I'm at school I have a full 5 bars of lte and my signal never drops but I get only 8 hours of standby with 2 hours of SOT.

I don't understand the logic lol. Anyways buy the s6 and try it out, if the battery is bad then return it, I think most carriers allow a 14 day return period.

09-12-2015 01:42 PM
    But what's average? A total of 2 hours use? 3? Checking it for 5 minutes every hour?

Everyone's "average use" is different.

I can say I use my phone a lot, I check it more than 5 minutes every hour. I would say 2-3 hrs onscreen every 24 hours. Most use is work calls, email, YouTube, texting and some apps.

I guess most here can assume, based on all the discussions, 2-3 hours onscreen can be considered moderate/average use. Fair?

09-12-2015 02:04 PM
    I am a fairly heavy user of the phone. Although I don't game. I do a lot of text messaging plus I watch a lot of videos on YouTube. Use the camera and social media too. I had a note 4 before and I used to get 3.5 hours of SOT on average.

I don't know how and why (despite what others say) I'm getting the same 3.5-4 hours of SOT on the S6. Which is fairly good.

I don't game I don't keep the brightness to the max when I'm indoors I've disabled the crap S6 had to offer as well as don't care too much about the battery.

Well... the S6 didn't really upset me with the battery life. I was really worried too at first coming from the Note 4. But it's just the same. No worries.

I know people who game a lot and use their phones as 4G hotspots and what not. They usually have to charge their phones before the end of the day.

09-12-2015 02:24 PM
    Battery life...

This is not the phone you're looking for

This. Where there's smoke there's fire. Don't let yourself get pulled in by a couple of posters trying to convince you everyone else is wrong. Even Phil Nickinson wasn't happy with the battery life.
    09-12-2015 05:40 PM
    This. Where there's smoke there's fire. Don't let yourself get pulled in by a couple of posters trying to convince you everyone else is wrong. Even Phil Nickinson wasn't happy with the battery life.
    Again, this is all based on what a user considers themselves. For heavy users I agree with you, but for moderate users its more than enough. I don't think anyone disagrees the battery could be better, but isn't it interesting its OK to claim this phone has a bad battery and this is with the assumption that applies to anyone? Funny when people consider their opinions a matter of fact and that's it.

09-12-2015 06:51 PM
    S6 could have a bigger battery but the real issue is the lack of battery optimization.

There are so many tweaks and fixes for this phone I'm afraid the majority of people will never even experience what this phone is capable of, and even the nerds that have applied a lot of tweaks are still discovering areas that can be improved even further.

09-12-2015 08:16 PM
    S6 could have a bigger battery but the real issue is the lack of battery optimization.

There are so many tweaks and fixes for this phone I'm afraid the majority of people will never even experience what this phone is capable of, and even the nerds that have applied a lot of tweaks are still discovering areas that can be improved even further.

I think this is the case with most Android phones, not just the S6. The same issue with my LG G3, previous nexus 5 as well as others I know with Androids who have to do the same tweaks.

09-12-2015 08:25 PM
    My gripe with the S6 battery isnt it's life. It's the fact when I take it off the charger when it says it is finished charging it immediately reads 98%. Just now it even read 96%. I'm fed up of it
    09-12-2015 10:10 PM
    Mine use to say 100% now it says 99% after charged.Could be back round apps that you are running doing this.Clear your cache and see what happens again.
    09-13-2015 06:15 AM
    Mine use to say 100% now it says 99% after charged.Could be back round apps that you are running doing this.Clear your cache and see what happens again.
    I have tried literally everything. It's permanent
    09-13-2015 06:48 AM
    Look at the forums and pretty much every phone has wildly varying opinions on battery life. Smartphones are capable of so much that you want to use it a lot and tend to expect a lot out of it. You can't expect to get a statistically valid read on anything by polling forums, since forums tend to attract those having issues, while the vast majority not having issues are blissfully ignorant of the forums.

A lot of variables determine battery life; usage, expectations, carrier, location/signal, settings, and most notably apps. If you take two identical phones, same carrier, never used, sequential serial numbers, same location - they would likely have identical battery performance. It's not until the hoomins start mucking with them that we start seeing battery performance wildly varying, with some of them sucking. The S6 does have a relatively low capacity battery, with Samsung saying that power saving features would make up for it, but that seems to be a fail.
    09-13-2015 07:31 AM
    I have tried literally everything. It's permanent
    I had a similar problem years ago with a Moto Atrix. It was a software bug in the battery stats that persisted a year before they finally patched it (only to some countries though).
    09-13-2015 09:44 AM
    I had a similar problem years ago with a Moto Atrix. It was a software bug in the battery stats that persisted a year before they finally patched it (only to some countries though).
    With the fact that I get over five hours of screen on time per charge and even longer in standby I don't want to risk getting a replacement over something like this. It's more annoying than anything else. I was reading today that a lot of phones do this because the phone trickle charges once it's get to 100% and starts discharging down to 98% then charging back up again to 100%. My phone seems insistent on immediately reading 98% unless it's been on the phone for hours. It wasn't like this to the best of my recollection on 5.0.2. Only on 5.1.1 but with battery stats like this and today testing what my battery would be like with NO WiFi you can understand why I'm reluctant to get a replacement. This was all completely on 4G and no wifi and with the phone immediately reading 96% when I took it off the charger:
    Attached Thumbnails How is your S6 Battery Life?-1442157012344.jpg   How is your S6 Battery Life?-1442157022400.jpg  
    09-13-2015 10:10 AM
    The S6 battery life is drab, it can be decent if you aggressively disable bloat and consolidate your apps as much as possible/ monitor running apps a bit too much for the S6 out the box. I love the S6, but I don't feel like rooting nor monitoring apps like a hawk. I found that the mophie juciepack case is pricey but is worth the money. It works very well, and does not add that much bulk to the phone. I pro & con is that the power case does make sound come from the front of the phone (which is great) / con is the case making the sound come from the front can get choppy/ muffled every now and again for calls on speaker. You'll be able to mitigate this by making sure your HD calling is on and using extra volume.
    09-14-2015 04:27 PM
29 12