Strange lockscreen clock behaviour

Forkjulle

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
This is my very first post here, so be gentle. :) I am a recent convert to Android (a week old), after five years of iPhones and iCloud (the latter which keeps breaking and has finally pushed me away).

So, my (first) cry for help :)p) is the following.

Screenshot_2015-09-15-12-39-41-2.jpg

The above is from my lockscreen. I would like the weather to show too, but when I select that option in my settings, I get the following message:

Screenshot (15 September 2015 12-29).jpg

But I don't want the clock/weather widget on my home screen. If I place the clock/weather widget on my home screen, then the weather shows on the lock screen. If I remove the widget, then the first screenshot occurs (with only the clock).

This is very strange behavior. My friend's Galaxy S6 Edge (same as mine) doesn't display this behavior. Hers does what I'm wanting.

Any ideas on how I can rectify this?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I've searched the internet and can't seem to find an answer.

Is no one able to help?

OK - what carrier do you have, and is your friend on the same carrier? Behavior of a phone varies by carrier. I wonder if the weather widget needs to be on your main screen, or whether you could create a separate side screen just to keep it out of the way? In other words do they include all screens as your home screen? Might be worth a try.

Forkjulle

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
You posted during what is overnight for most folks, and waited a whopping 8 minutes before criticizing the forum for no response.

OK - what carrier do you have, and is your friend on the same carrier? Behavior of a phone varies by carrier. I wonder if the weather widget needs to be on your main screen, or whether you could create a separate side screen just to keep it out of the way? In other words do they include all screens as your home screen? Might be worth a try.

Apologies. Didn't mean to sound aggressive. I posted my original question a week ago.

I don't think carrier matters, as I am not in the US. I think if I create another screen with the weather widget on it, it will work. But that seems counter-intuitive, to create another screen just for a clock-weather widget.

iseededppl

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
The lock-screen weather gets its information from the weather widget. There is no way of getting it without having the widget on your home-screen. This isn't a problem for me since I have the widget on the Touch wiz home-screen but I use Nova launcher.

Forkjulle

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
The lock-screen weather gets its information from the weather widget. There is no way of getting it without having the widget on your home-screen. This isn't a problem for me since I have the widget on the Touch wiz home-screen but I use Nova launcher.

I see what you mean. Yes this worked for me. Didn't think to do it this way. I have Nova too.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I see what you mean. Yes this worked for me. Didn't think to do it this way. I have Nova too.
Hey, just letting you know I'm on sprint in the US and if i remove the home screen widget, i lose the weather on the lockscreen as well. Yeah, kinda stupid i know.....

Posted via the Android Central App