Thinking of swapping S6 for G4. Opinions on Camera difference?

d2thec

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I have had the S6 for a few weeks. On the whole I really like it. However there are a few issues I have with it.
Firstly battery life sucks. I can make it better with a custom ROM though if I decide to keep it. This is not a deal-breaker.

Secondly, indoor and low-light performance of the camera really isn't great. I am not sure why reviews don't point this out? My friend has a G4 and I've tried to do a lot of comparisons. I would say, generally speaking (but not always) in good light the S6 produces better pictures on average (But not always). However in low light and particularly indoors (unless brightly lit), the G4 seems to absolutely murder the S6.

Does anybody have first-hand experience comparing the two cameras? I don't want to swap the S6 out only to be disappointed. I've taken some insanely good shots in good light.

For the record I'm not too interested in manual mode (or Pro mode). I'm in a hurry, I just need to auto everything (3 year old kid)

Thanks in advance for any help!

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I convinced my friend to get a G4 for the camera, and it didn't disappoint.

While in general, the two cameras will be comparable 90% of the time, that other 10% of the time lets you get more creative with the G4. Simply having the shutter timer control makes a massive difference to me. If you're not into manual controls, then there'd be hardly any difference.

I'm extremely envious since I came from an M8 which had those same manual controls and I found it hard to give up moving to the S6. But, IMO it's not worth swapping. Much less so if you are playing in auto mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae