Ok, I just switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S6. I am loving the phone and everything about it...except the texting app notifications. Coming from the iphone I really liked how I could keep the content of the text private, but it would show me who sent it. I also had the notification pop up in the middle of the lock screen and turn the screen on momentarily, and then I could swipe the notification to the right to open it in the texting app.

For the life of me, I can't find an app that will do exactly that. I really liked that feature. I don't want a quick response window to reply from the lock screen. I just want a notification on the lock screen that shows me who sent the text.

I also would then like to be able to swipe the text to go immediately to the texting app to reply, not touch the message then swipe below it to open the texting app.

Is there such a beast? I am running Android 5.1.1.

Also, I just received my Spigen Neo-hybrid case yesterday and love the fit and feel of it. It adds very little bulk to the phone.

09-16-2015 10:44 AM
    I would try Textra or something like that. From there you can select to "hide information" on the notification so that way it won't show the text.
    09-16-2015 10:54 AM
    I did just try using ChompSMS and it doesn't show the message on the lockscreen, but does show sender and gives options. However, when you click the open button, it takes you to the lock screen and you still have to swipe if that is the security you have set up. I guess I may have to just get used to that. If anyone else has any ideas I would love to hear them.
    09-16-2015 11:19 AM
    Yep. Textra does this.

Texting apps not how I want it, can I get some recommendations?-screenshot_2015-09-16-12-04-31.jpg
    09-16-2015 12:06 PM
    Thank you! I assume its those options under the Privacy section?
    09-16-2015 02:13 PM