I just got a notification for an update for XSA on my phone. Is there any way of knowing what it's for?

Edit: Ugh. I got another two Samsung apps in this update
    Attached Thumbnails XSA Australian Update?-1442421585280.jpg   XSA Australian Update?-1442421598481.jpg  
    09-16-2015 11:40 AM
    What's XSA?

Which carrier do you have? Some carriers will post the details of the system update on the device support section of their website.
    09-16-2015 12:40 PM
    What's XSA?

Which carrier do you have? Some carriers will post the details of the system update on the device support section of their website.
    XSA is the unbranded Samsung firmware. Non carrier
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-16-2015 01:39 PM
    XSA is the unbranded Samsung firmware. Non carrier
    Hey razza, what happened with your Telstra firmware? Last time I saw one of your posts you were mentioning that it was giving you excellent battery life, just wondering...
    09-16-2015 02:01 PM
    Hey razza, what happened with your Telstra firmware? Last time I saw one of your posts you were mentioning that it was giving you excellent battery life, just wondering...
    That was the XSA firmware I was referring to giving me great battery life again. With the issues I have been having with my phone only charging to 96-98% I was STILL getting anywhere from five and a half to six hours of screen on time. However, this battery issue never reading 100% when I take it off the charger is driving me nuts so I downloaded the Telstra 5.1.1 firmware tonight because obviously if I am going to get my phone sent in to be looked at I will need to have the company of firmware that the phone came with on my phone. I haven't yet put it on my phone however.

Tonight however I got this an update for XSA on my phone and after updating when I took my phone off the charger it was 100% which I found interesting
    09-16-2015 02:20 PM
    That was the XSA firmware I was referring to giving me great battery life again. With the issues I have been having with my phone only charging to 96-98% I was STILL getting anywhere from five and a half to six hours of screen on time. However, this battery issue never reading 100% when I take it off the charger is driving me nuts so I downloaded the Telstra 5.1.1 firmware tonight because obviously if I am going to get my phone sent in to be looked at I will need to have the company of firmware that the phone came with on my phone. I haven't yet put it on my phone however.

Tonight however I got this an update for XSA on my phone and after updating when I took my phone off the charger it was 100% which I found interesting
    Ohh I thought that it was the Telstra firmware that was better for you. Anyway, back to your original question, it may be the latest firmware version that has been updating in all the other carriers, it may contain the Samsung Pay app and some of the new Galaxy Note 5 and S6 edge + features such as new icons and some new addition to the camera app such as Raw format addition.
    09-16-2015 02:35 PM
    Ohh I thought that it was the Telstra firmware that was better for you. Anyway, back to your original question, it may be the latest firmware version that has been updating in all the other carriers, it may contain the Samsung Pay app and some of the new Galaxy Note 5 and S6 edge + features such as new icons and some new addition to the camera app such as Raw format addition.
    Yeah I got two new Samsung galaxy apps on my phone. The Samsung Galaxy life and Samsung gear apps. I downloaded the XSA due to the fact that it is the unbranded firmware and therefore gets more regular or faster updates. The Telstra firmware Drone said that the Telstra 5.1.1 update messed up their phone calling. That and the Telstra 5.1.1 firmware doesn't have the stagefright fix
    09-16-2015 02:42 PM
    Yeah I got two new Samsung galaxy apps on my phone. The Samsung Galaxy life and Samsung gear apps. I downloaded the XSA due to the fact that it is the unbranded firmware and therefore gets more regular or faster updates. The Telstra firmware Drone said that the Telstra 5.1.1 update messed up their phone calling. That and the Telstra 5.1.1 firmware doesn't have the stagefright fix
    I just updated, will this fix all the missed calls issues?

dreaming of electric sheep
    09-16-2015 05:58 PM
    I just updated, will this fix all the missed calls issues?

I have no idea. I don't have the Telstra firmware on my phone. I have the XSA unbranded firmware. I get more regular updates. Updates that are sent to Australia get sent to me pretty much immediately. I haven't had any of the missed call issues you are having because I don't have the Telstra firmware on my phone
    drone3 likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:54 PM
    I have no idea. I don't have the Telstra firmware on my phone. I have the XSA unbranded firmware. I get more regular updates. Updates that are sent to Australia get sent to me pretty much immediately. I haven't had any of the missed call issues you are having because I don't have the Telstra firmware on my phone
    I will see how it goes, otherwise I will try the xsa software

09-16-2015 10:24 PM
    I will see how it goes, otherwise I will try the xsa software

The XSA software seems to be much more stable. Battery life has been phenomenal. This is what my battery stats are showing at 57%.

Edit: my phone just became 3 hours of screen on time and I still have 53% of battery remaining
    Attached Thumbnails XSA Australian Update?-1442460511115.jpg   XSA Australian Update?-1442460522087.jpg  
    09-16-2015 10:28 PM
    The XSA software seems to be much more stable. Battery life has been phenomenal. This is what my battery stats are showing at 57%.

Edit: my phone just became 3 hours of screen on time and I still have 53% of battery remaining
    Wow, that is amazing battery life!

I'm really confused over the reception issues as I was just at a friend's place and I had 3 bars of 4g and didn't miss any calls. Somehow, low 4g has an effect on whether phone calls will be received or not.

Anyway, I will give this new Telstra firmware a few weeks if it's still flaky I will try the xsa firmware. I thought about selling the phone but I really like it and would rather root it to get maximum usage out of this awesome hardware.

09-17-2015 01:41 AM
    Wow, that is amazing battery life!

I'm really confused over the reception issues as I was just at a friend's place and I had 3 bars of 4g and didn't miss any calls. Somehow, low 4g has an effect on whether phone calls will be received or not.

Anyway, I will give this new Telstra firmware a few weeks if it's still flaky I will try the xsa firmware. I thought about selling the phone but I really like it and would rather root it to get maximum usage out of this awesome hardware.

I'm confused about reception too as only ten minutes away I get three bars of 4G coverage whereas that person on the other thread who actually lives in the CBD only gets the same as us being one bar of 4G. It makes ZERO sense
    09-17-2015 07:35 AM
    The battery life on this firmware though
    Attached Thumbnails XSA Australian Update?-1442495686527.jpg   XSA Australian Update?-1442495697107.jpg  
    09-17-2015 08:15 AM