I see a lot of hooplah on here about battery life for the s6.

I have always found using the charger that is packaged with your phone is the best route to take. I.e. the fast charger is fine for your phone...
    HOWEVER
    What makes it not fine...is when people leave their phone plugged in past when the phone is completely charged.
    That is the SINGLE MOST DETRIMENTAL THING you can do to your battery.

I plug mine in when it becomes low 15% or lower (i try not to "drain" it) , but then take it off as soon as it is finished. It only takes 1.5 hours or less to charge. And even less if the battery is not below 15 percent. So i don't understand why people force their phone to sit on a charger for 6 hours or more while they sleep. It's absolutely horrible for your phone and you can just plug it in before bed or even just when you wake in the morning while you do your morning routine.

Anyway, my battery lasts 15 hours or more with moderate-heavy use. However I don't utilize social media or any of those battery draining apps. I have disabled all unnecessary bloatware. Literally have about 5-7 downloaded apps. Like i said none are background running social media apps. I usually utilize the web (2 hours) and texting(250 texts) and voice calls for about 1.5 hours a day. Not to mention just trolling around on my phone checking the time and just staring at the bright pretty screen. Lol, or pop onto pinterest for about 15 mins. I have all notifications disabled for all apps as well. No need when u can just refresh your Gmail by checking it and pulling down ....

Good luck. Don't drain your battery and don't overcharge. Do not leave your phone exposed to heat (DON'T LEAVE IN CAR or pockets of clothing close to your body that produces massive amounts of heat and sweat aka moisture that can get onto your phone) . Do not expose to extreme cold. Keep it between 65-80 degrees and give it a rest and turn it off every now and then. Also turn off when u charge if u want it to charge even faster.

Hope this helps.
    09-17-2015 12:33 AM
    I don't believe you can over charge a newer lithium ion battery. Where did you read this?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 12:45 AM
    I did not necessarily read it somewhere , it is lies when they say you can not overcharge it. Simple science will tell you that a current is still being delivered to the device which is causing unnecessary heat to the device which will damage it. I was also told this by the samsung reps selling my device that the best thing to do is to never overcharge and to just plug your phone in before you leave for the day.

I understand they don't have memory like the old days, but yes overcharging is very possible. All of my friends who do this have way less battery time than my phone does.
    09-17-2015 01:39 AM
    I have been charging my phones overnight for the past 3 years and have never had an issue with battery. With modern day trickle charge technology, I don't think leaving a phone on a charger once it finishes charging is harmful.
    09-17-2015 07:57 AM
    I did not necessarily read it somewhere , it is lies when they say you can not overcharge it. Simple science will tell you that a current is still being delivered to the device which is causing unnecessary heat to the device which will damage it. I was also told this by the samsung reps selling my device that the best thing to do is to never overcharge and to just plug your phone in before you leave for the day.

I understand they don't have memory like the old days, but yes overcharging is very possible. All of my friends who do this have way less battery time than my phone does.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. If a battery does not have any faults, then it will not overcharge no matter what. What your friends are experiencing is degradation of battery over time. This happens due to number of charging cycles, and not overcharging.
    09-17-2015 09:04 AM
    This makes no sense. Almost every phone I've had I'd charge overnight and it never had any affect on my battery. Its just most people's routine to plug it in before they go to sleep. Most ppl arent going to wake up in the middle of the night just to unplug it. And why would they? especially with this phone and so many people having standby battery drain issues. If you unplug it at 100% then go to sleep its going to be at 90% or worse when you wake up.
    09-17-2015 09:09 AM
    ...Simple science will tell you that a current is still being delivered to the device which is causing unnecessary heat to the device which will damage it.
    Simple science also created charge control circuitry which stops the charging once the battery is full. It's even smart enough to actually stop charging at about 95% (despite what the meter may say) to avoid damage.

]I was also told this by the samsung reps selling my device that the best thing to do is to never overcharge and to just plug your phone in before you leave for the day.
    Don't believe everything you hear, especially from phone reps.
    drone3 and Jay Sacks like this.
    09-17-2015 09:09 AM