We are on Verizon. My sister got the Galaxy S6 a few weeks ago, and she no longer has access to her basic, free voicemail that she's always had in her previous smartphones. She does not receive notifications of voicemails on her phone from the basic service, we cannot find the normal voicemail (non-visual app), she gets notifications that prompts her to sign up for Visual Voicemail. Although 30 days is free, she does not want to pay for the premium service after that. I, on the other hand, got the Galaxy S6 a few months ago and have access to my normal voicemail. What's interesting to me in that the span of a few months she has different pre-loaded apps than I do.

Basically she's trying to get her phone to go to Verizon voicemail and not Visual voicemail when there's a notification.

Any ideas of what the problem is and how to solve it? Two store managers at Verizon could not figure out the issues of getting her basic voicemail access on her smartphone back.
    09-18-2015 02:32 PM
    Question. If she pushes and holds 1 on the dialing screen does that take her to visual voicemail or to the old fashioned one ? And if it does take her to the old fashioned vm is there a way for her to setup the old one? Lmk if this helps

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 09:42 PM
    Hello,

Newbie to the Android forums here...

I have a related question: I am a new Samsung Galaxy s6 owner with Verizon. It's my first smart phone (whoopee!).

I am able to access my Verizon voicemail by pressing and holding 1on the dial-pad as you suggested. My question relates to notifications that I have voicemails in the first place.

The only thing that I've noticed so far is that if somebody leaves a voicemail, then there is a tiny, tiny voicemail icon that appears up in the top left corner of the main screen, but that's it. No beeping...no vibrating...no nothing to cue me that there is a message. It's terribly easy to miss and not notice that I have voicemail messages.

Where do I go to modify this so that I get a more robust notification other than one tiny little icon? I don't wish to use the Visual Voicemail data-dependent service.

Thank you!
    --N
    10-12-2015 02:09 PM
    Whenever you're prompted with that visual voicemail stuff, that means you have a voicemail message. Just decline signing up for visual voicemail and then hit *86 from your device and it will take you to your regular voicemail and you can listen to your messages. I don't want to sign up for it either. I've always been promoted by the visual voicemail thing whenever there's a message, I believe that is your alert to a new message. I'm not aware or familiar with a way to alert you from the traditional voicemail. Play with the settings and let us know
    10-13-2015 09:42 AM