Why has my Galaxy S6's performance been varied since I got it? Should I clear my cache?

Llamacornz

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I got a Galaxy S6 32GB back in April when it was released. Over time, the device just seems to slow down at points. These points are when power saving mode is NOT on. The device shouldn't take 6 seconds to open up the phone app. Sometimes, the device locks up and freezes for a few seconds when I close apps, not letting me perform any actions. I looked up why this could be happening, and I was presented with clearing the cache of my phone. I look in my storage, and I only have 2GB left in available space. Is this normal? What does clearing the cache do and should I do it? Is there another reason?Screenshot_2015-09-18-16-34-07.jpg

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I clean mine out weekly (or more). It doesn't hurt it and seems to make it run faster.
This actually causes the system to use more resources to refill the cache. The second you turn your phone back on, it starts rebuilding it. I've cleared mine maybe 2-3 times in the last 5 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with that, 7gb is a lot of cache. The best thing could be trying to find which apps are the main culprits. Most likely any of your browsers or some apps heavy on media files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz