This morning my GS6 (32GB, 5.0.2, AT&T) became unresponsive with a black screen for about the third time in the last couple of months. As was recommended to me here, and which has worked before, I did the volume down, power, home button press, but I mistakenly touched "Continue" instead of "Cancel" and now my phone has a blue-green download screen that I can't get out of. It's been that way for about 30 minutes. Says "Odin Mode" in red at the top.

What's happening and how bad is it???

Randy
    09-22-2015 11:53 AM
    This morning my GS6 (32GB, 5.0.2, AT&T) became unresponsive with a black screen for about the third time in the last couple of months. As was recommended to me here, and which has worked before, I did the volume down, power, home button press, but I mistakenly touched "Continue" instead of "Cancel" and now my phone has a blue-green download screen that I can't get out of. It's been that way for about 30 minutes. Says "Odin Mode" in red at the top.

What's happening and how bad is it???

Randy
    Just press and hold power button until it reboots, or if for some reason that doesn't work try the same combination you tried before but without the Home button , to soft reset it, hold Volume down and power button for about 7 seconds.
    09-22-2015 12:14 PM
    Power button didn't work, but Power and vol down did. Thanks a lot!
    09-22-2015 12:25 PM
    Any ideas on why my GS6 goes black and unresponsive? It always happens while it's in my pocket. It's not the battery, which this time showed 50%+ when the phone rebooted. Interestingly, this time I was wearing my new Pebble Time watch and I didn't get the Bluetooth disconnect warning from the watch until the Odin Mode Download screen came on. So Bluetooth was active even though the phone was unresponsive.
    09-22-2015 12:35 PM
    Any ideas on why my GS6 goes black and unresponsive? It always happens while it's in my pocket. It's not the battery, which this time showed 50%+ when the phone rebooted. Interestingly, this time I was wearing my new Pebble Time watch and I didn't get the Bluetooth disconnect warning from the watch until the Odin Mode Download screen came on. So Bluetooth was active even though the phone was unresponsive.
    No confirmed reason why this is happening to some people, only theory is some apps causing a huge conflict following by the UI crashing.
    wrmoore47 likes this.
    09-22-2015 01:51 PM