S6 charged to 45% in 3 minutes?

bklyn2015

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Question - My phone was about to die, it was at 2% battery before going to bed. So, I just turned it off. After I woke up I decided to charge it..I stepped out for literally 3 to 4 minutes..and came back and quickly turned my phone on. I didn't quite notice at what percent it was at, at that point (I assumed it didn't really charge much at all because I literally just started charging it). Once I turned it on, I noticed how it was charged up to 45%? How did that happen? Is that indicative of some sort of problem?

I charged it fully to 100%..but it took me around 45 mins to an hr for it to get from 45% battery to 100%...but, how did it reach 45% in charging in literally 3 minutes the way I described above? Any response would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The factory charger is a quick charger and the S6 is quick charge compatible. From a low % it will charge the phone very quickly, but to save the life span on the battery, it will start to charger thr phone slower the more it gets to being charged.

Google: Samsung Adaptive Quick Charging

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

bklyn2015

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your response.
The reason why I found this concerning was because I had a galaxy note 2 before this. I had it for two and a half years..and towards the end, I'd notice this happening with it. If it was completely dead and I charged it, it would jump to to 50% while charging in a matter of seconds...a lot of times, as soon as I connected it to a charger. And, this was towards the end, right before I switched to the s6. That didn't have fast charging of course ...so, it made me think that my battery had just deteriorated. That is why when I saw the rapid jump in charging with my s6 today, I found it concerning.