Phone insurance uk

Malerin11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So I dropped my galaxy s6 last night, thankfully it escaped damage free, but now I want to purchase insurance for my phone as I don't like to use a case but I contacted EE and they won't insure as phone was bought online, do any of you have a good experience with insurance companies and who would you recommend?

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrew Read1

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the uk and pay £10 a month on my nationwide bank account this covers the followin: breakdown cover,travel insurance, phone insurance, extended warranty on electrical goods plus a few other added extras. I've claimed twice in the past 24 months for phones firstly my partners water damaged iphone 5s. We paid a £50 excess they couldn't repair the phone so they replaced it. My second claim was for a galaxy note 4 only a few weeks after it was released I ran over it at work. I also paid a £50 excess they couldn't fix the phone and due to the phone being new and relatively rare they couldn't replace it either so gave me a cheque to the value of £580 so I could buy another handset. The good news is you don't have to register the phone in advance, you can make 2 claims in 12 months or 4 claims if it's a joint account. £50 excess of the phone is damaged or £100 excess if the phone is lost or stolen. If they can't fix it they will replace or give a cash alternative

Malerin11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks mate, unfortunately I don't have an account with Natwest, was going to try protectmybubble but these types of insurance companies don't guarantee next day delivery and often it can be a week before you receive a new phone

Plob

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Would definitely recommend opening a Premium bank account which offers phone insurance. Usually you end up paying the same amount anyway plus you get other perks!

manamaga

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Check your building and contents insurance, mines covered so I don't need to take extra cover for the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol