How difficult would it have been for Samsung to...

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
add a "don't remind me again" box to the damn screen that always pops up warning me that listening to high volume over headphones can cause hearing damage? :mad:

I've lost count the number of times this has actually distracted me unnecessarily while driving.

Has anyone found a work-aroud to this extreme nannification issue?.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That should only pop up once per reboot. They consider it a health risk warning and for some regions, they can't remove it to get certain status/grading. What I do every time my phone reboots is just crank up the volume up, dismiss the warning, and forget about it until I have to reboot again.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I didn't realize it only happened after a reboot. Makes it slightly less annoying, but it should still be a user-defined option.

This is the first phone I have owned that requires this dialog box.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe more phones will start to put this in. Luckily -- as Spook said -- It only happens once per reboot.

It's all about avoiding those lawsuits. I mean, if that lady won against McDonald's for 'not warning her' that her coffee was hot (DUH!!!!), in a world where laws mean that Taylor Swift can trademark the words "Could Show You Incredible Things" and Apple gets granted a patent for 'turning pages', Samsung needs to protect itself hehe.