Marshmellow

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Heard a new software called Marshmellow is coming out in like Oct or Nov.
Anybody know anything about it.

Last edited:

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Anybody know anything about it.

There's a whole section of AC devoted to the topic:

AC said:
The latest generation of Android will follow along nicely with the sweet-flavored names of the past, this time dubbed Marshmallow. There's still plenty to uncover inside Android 6.0 Marshmallow, but we do know this version promises to follow in the Material Design footsteps created by its predecessor and focus on even greater polish for the entire platform.

Android 6.0 Marshmallow exists only in Developer Preview mode for the moment, but through this lens we can gain a reasonable grasp of what is coming when it hits devices later this year. The biggest features coming in this version are small things people will appreciate every day, like individual app permissions, native support for fingerprint sensors, and granular context features for Google Now. We're also going to see developers do more with Chrome, better app-to-app communication, and new power management features.

The Android Marshmallow Developer Preview is currently available on the Nexus 5, 6, and 9, with the actual launch expected in Q3 of 2015.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
i hope we get it soon!

Depends on age of phone (newer phones seem to get updates sooner), brand of phone (some brands are slower to get the updates to the carriers depending on the code they add to the Android core and the amount of testing), and carrier (carriers have to add their bloatware and carrier specific code, and then test). I'd be surprised if the S6 gets it before January, and even then it will vary widely by carrier.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Depends on age of phone (newer phones seem to get updates sooner), brand of phone (some brands are slower to get the updates to the carriers depending on the code they add to the Android core and the amount of testing), and carrier (carriers have to add their bloatware and carrier specific code, and then test). I'd be surprised if the S6 gets it before January, and even then it will vary widely by carrier.

And that means April for Canada