I just got a S6 Tuesday night. I didn't fully set it up at the store, I figured I'd do it at home. The next day I had errands to run I unplugged my phone around 10 am and by 230 it was dead it had 1 % battery life left. I was totally shocked I maybe used it about a hour out of the 4.5 hours it worked. I plugged it in when I got home and then ran updates because I didn't when I initially set it up. I figured that maybe that would help the problem. I also put the phone in power saving mode to see if that makes a difference. So day two my phone has been unplugged for 3 hours and 10 minutes and I'm already at 40% battery life left and I am going to have to charge it before I go to work. I don't have my screen super bright maybe 35-40% I am not running my apps any differently than I was on my S4. I don't understand why the battery life is so poor, my S4 would last most of the day before the battery would be yellow or red. I'm using my new phone way less than my old phone because the battery is so lousy. I do have the WiFi and GPS on however I always had those on my G4 24/7 and never had battery issues with it. I'm planning on going to att tomorrow to see if they know what the problem is or to get it replaced. I am beyond fustrated right now 4.5 hours of battery life is not acceptable on a new phone especially when I am very consciously using it less than normal. Wtf am I missing here folks? Why is this the battery not lasting?
    09-24-2015 01:14 PM
    Charge it to 100% and use it till it hits 10%.

Go to battery settings.
    Battery usage.
    Take a screenshot.
    Then tap on the "screen" button.
    Take a screenshot.

Post them here.
    Only then can anybody help you.
    I want to.

You can take a screenshot by pressing down the home button and the power button together for a second.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2015 02:19 PM
    4.5 hours of full usage or SoT? (screen on time)

If the phone is dying out in under 5 hours without using return it asap
    09-24-2015 02:19 PM
    I do have the WiFi and GPS on however I always had those on my G4 24/7 and never had battery issues with it.
    To maximize battery life on the S6, you'll want to turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS when you don't need them. I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with the steps provided in this thread: Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge

When you say you're "not running apps any differently" than you were on your G4, that may be -- but, the S6 is still a different beast, and depending on your carrier, there may be all sorts of bloatware running that's eating into your battery life. Have you taken any steps to optimize your phone as described in the thread linked above?

I've just had a low-use cycle compared to my usual moderate usage, and so far it looks like this:

battery life-batt.png

(That's with about 2 hours of screen-on time)

Usage results can vary pretty wildly based on conditions, but by all means take some steps to familiarize yourself with expected usage time on the S6 versus the possibility of your phone having a battery/hardware defect that requires warranty service or replacement.
    09-25-2015 12:52 AM
    If you have Google now turned on then that could be the reason for the huge drain. Head into your Google settings and check if now cards are turned on. You should turn it off if you don't use Google now.

09-25-2015 09:21 AM
    good idea!
    09-25-2015 02:42 PM
    This is probably the worst battery I have ever had on a phone. My fiance has the edge and hers is just as bad. I'm lucky to get 2.5 hours screen on time with 7 hours runtime.

I hate turning things off and it defeats the purpose of having a smartphone, and even when I do the battery isn't much better. The only time the battery is somewhat decent is on a fresh format but as soon as you install apps like Facebook, instagram, and any social media app the battery goes to crap.

The one thing I miss about the iPhone was that the experience was consistent, battery wasn't really effected by installing a bunch of apps and if you started having lag or issues it just meant you have had your phone for over a year and a half and you needed a new phone.

I have only had Samsung devices since switching to Android from my iPhone 4 about 4 years ago so I can't speak for other handsets but Samsung devices just slowdown randomly and battery can last 15 hours one day and 5-6 every other day. Contemplating switching g back to iPhone in the future if things don't level out and work more consistently.

09-25-2015 03:17 PM
    I have wifi, gps, BT, NYC all on and I get 12 hours or more.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    09-25-2015 04:00 PM
    This is probably the worst battery I have ever had on a phone. My fiance has the edge and hers is just as bad. I'm lucky to get 2.5 hours screen on time with 7 hours runtime.

I hate turning things off and it defeats the purpose of having a smartphone, and even when I do the battery isn't much better. The only time the battery is somewhat decent is on a fresh format but as soon as you install apps like Facebook, instagram, and any social media app the battery goes to crap.

The one thing I miss about the iPhone was that the experience was consistent, battery wasn't really effected by installing a bunch of apps and if you started having lag or issues it just meant you have had your phone for over a year and a half and you needed a new phone.

I have only had Samsung devices since switching to Android from my iPhone 4 about 4 years ago so I can't speak for other handsets but Samsung devices just slowdown randomly and battery can last 15 hours one day and 5-6 every other day. Contemplating switching g back to iPhone in the future if things don't level out and work more consistently.

The battery will get much better over time.
    09-26-2015 05:38 AM
    Shut down the Wi-Fi when you do not need it.
    09-26-2015 06:45 AM
    I've had the phone since may. Just updated to 5.1 last night so well see if that helps.

09-26-2015 09:29 AM
    I've had the phone since may. Just updated to 5.1 last night so well see if that helps.

Battery still sucks

09-28-2015 02:35 AM