I know...there are 5000 battery threads..but this one is quite the opposite.

We all want "specs" or "flagships" but what's the point really? Most of us can't even take advantage of them. We want brighter screens, faster processor, snappier operating systems, more RAM...etc. But everywhere I look its the same thing, turn down the screen brightness, use power saving mode, turn off this, turn off that...honestly, what's the point of buying these high end, flagship phones, if we need to turn off the very essence of what makes them flagships. The manufactures are cashing in on our love...no...our lust for "specs". Samsung is know for phenomenal displays... But if I need to keep my display at 50% or lower to make it through the day,what's the point. I'm not saying go out and buy a flip phone...hell, I'm not advising anyone to do anything. But we drop our hard earned cash on these phones and the first month after every new release is " how do I fix this" or "how do I improve that" I rarely, if ever hear "great phone" or "exceptional battery" what are the manufacturers doing? I'll tell you what, depositing our money into the bank...

This is more of a rant than anything. But really, phones are getting more expensive and less reliable and usable for the daily grind.. I don't have the answer. But I've always been "that guy" who buys the new flagship the second it comes out. Personally, I am done done buying a new phone every 6 months to a year. This is what they are banking on, so they are putting out GARBAGE!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-25-2015 08:55 PM
    So, are you displeased with your current phone?

Personally, I never worry about battery savings. Power savings is a foreign language to me! If my battery gets low and I can't charge it for some reason, I just pull the back cover and swap in a fresh battery. 100% power on the spot... Done!

The new Samsung "flagships" are a total waste. With no swappable batteries, owners become "wall huggers". You know, they become like the people Samsung chastised in their infamous iPhone commercial. It makes me laugh that now Samsung flagship owners are the same as iPhone owners... always worrying about their battery not lasting. It's sad, but at the same time, it's ironically deserved. Samsung messed up big time with their sealed battery strategy! They did make the phones pretty though... as if that makes up for it! The iNote 5 and the iS6's are a far departure from where "I was hoping" Samsung was going. Now they're just iSamsungs! Tragic!

I won't "downgrade" to an iSamsung, and if iSamsung don't get their sh*t together, come time, I'll move to another manufacture.

By the way, I don't consider my "old flagship" Note 4 garbage. It's far from it... especially since it's not running that garbage OS called Lollipop!
    09-26-2015 12:39 AM
    That's a great point...wall huggers. It really is disappointing. Although, my previous phone was the HTC M8 Google Play Edition. That has a sealed battery, granted, its not quite as powerful as the S6 (well, by the time I tweak the S6, they are about the same) but the battery in the M8 gets me through the day just fine.

09-26-2015 12:06 PM
    I simply dislike the fact that I can't swap batteries. Every phone I've ever owned, from my old Nokia, Motos, Samsungs, and HTCs, and now my Note 4 had the capability. My heart actually bleeds for those stuck with implanted batteries because in a few years, the battery will be dead and the device useless. Samsung is going the way of Apple and it's sad. Most of my ipods are dead now... well except for my 2nd gen ipod mini in my car. It's battery is basically gone, but the car keeps it going. True that I've never kept a phone operational for more than two years, but I've always swapped batteries on the go in all my devices for one reason or another. I make no qualms that Samsung has pissed me off with their latest offerings. I really hope they step back and look at what made them so popular... at least with the Note series, that is.

I totally understand how you feel! Totally!
    09-26-2015 07:43 PM
    Just another battery rant... Move on people

dreaming of electric sheep
    09-26-2015 10:32 PM
    Just another battery rant... Move on people

dreaming of electric sheep
    No, its not. It should be a wake up call to stop buying garage products. You missed the entire point of the post. If we keep buying, they keep putting out inferior handsets, if we stop buying, they are forced to rethink their products, conduct focus panels, and start giving people what they want, not what they think they want.

Samsung always took stabs at Apple yet they are now following right in their footsteps ....

Remember this...

nahoku likes this.
    09-27-2015 10:32 AM
    It should be a wake up call to stop buying garage products.
    I'm very happy with my S6. Sorry you aren't, but that doesn't make it a "garbage" product.
    09-27-2015 06:49 PM
    I'm very happy with my S6. Sorry you aren't, but that doesn't make it a "garbage" product.
    Me too. I do wish it had a bigger battery, but I have wireless chargers anyplace I sit for any length of time, so I just touch up the charge several times a day.
    09-27-2015 07:08 PM
    Me too. I do wish it had a bigger battery, but I have wireless chargers anyplace I sit for any length of time,.
    I'm glad you are happy. But you say " so I just touch up the charge several times a day". That itself is a problem. Several times a day is crazy.

09-27-2015 08:22 PM
    I'm glad you are happy. But you say " so I just touch up the charge several times a day". That itself is a problem. Several times a day is crazy.

Not ideal, but works for me. The building I work in is very rural, and there is almost no coverage in the building, so every phone I've had runs down pretty fast. On days I am off, no problem, don't need to touch up the charge.
    09-27-2015 09:32 PM