AT&T update

wildo69

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
same here, download took about 1.5 hours (give or take), install went smooth, no issues on my S6
new icons and Samsung Pay present (Samsung Pay says its not ready to be used on my phone yet)

Overall everything else has been same/stable on the surface

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't do a cache wipe before the install, would it still be helpful to do it now after the fact?

Yeah always do that after the update. Also, I generally do a reset even when it just goes from something like 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. Everyone doesn't, but I always do and I do that reset before I update, then update and cache wipe and set it up again.

The cache wipe can clear out any left over stuff that may not have been deleted when there was an update. After a cache wipe, if it seems buggy, you need a reset.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Just did a factory reset to be safe. Just got a refurbished from att due to camera issues so what the heck why not. So far it does seem a bit snappier. Man was that update huge and take a long time!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just did a factory reset to be safe. Just got a refurbished from att due to camera issues so what the heck why not. So far it does seem a bit snappier. Man was that update huge and take a long time!!

I'm all for the reset myself, but many don't want to do it. If I remember correctly, my S6 Edge automatically set back up after a reset when I did it on mine.

LuvrGirl

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Call it a psychological thing but it does seem a little snappier now! Plus I was starting to notice a bit of a more than normal battery drain so I'm hoping this upgrade and cache wipe will help that.

Thanks!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
New apps like Google Wallet, Games app, Amazon Kindle, and Samsung Pay.

Uninstalled the Games App. Disabled Amazon Kindle and Google Wallet.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When I went back to the Check Updates screen, saw the interruption message but I watched the download and install complete. About Device reflects 5.1.1

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
No. It just stopped and had a page saying it was interrupted.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mine has failed 3 times. Each time downloaded successfully and on the restart displayed an error message. Getting tired of setting my date ahead so I can try again.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine has failed 3 times. Each time downloaded successfully and on the restart displayed an error message. Getting tired of setting my date ahead so I can try again.

If you keep resetting your date, AT&T especially has been known to tell you that you have thousands of hours to wait to check the update again.

If you have a Best Buy near or an AT&T Device Center, you might want to run over there and let one of them flash your update.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
same thing happened to my nephew today, how did you try again so quickly? he said he has wait 24 hrs........

sent from my S6 using tapatalk

Go to time and date settings, turn off automatic time and enter a manual date about 3 days from today, then you can try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34