11-24-2015 10:51 AM
208 12345 ...
tools
    Mine upgrade fine on the first try. Indeed I received "Android Pay" not samsung pay. Also some icons changed thankngod, bc I hated the dialer and gallery icon, now they are much nicer. In regards to performance it seems as fast and smooth as the nova launcher. I'm happy with it so far, not sure what else changed. Hopefully someone can post a change log.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Android Pay didn't come from there. They are just getting ready for Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay told me sometime Sunday night, the app would be out. They are just updating things getting phones ready for Samsung Pay. I already have the Samsung Pay app, I'm on beta with Samsung though.
    09-26-2015 07:42 PM
    Just did a factory reset to be safe. Just got a refurbished from att due to camera issues so what the heck why not. So far it does seem a bit snappier. Man was that update huge and take a long time!!
    Was your camera issue the noise when launching it?

09-26-2015 07:48 PM
    With 5.1.1, I have lost LTE connectivity completely. Stock S6 edge, AT&T model SM-G925A. Tried a factory reset, no luck. Just "faux G" HSPA+ and Edge, no LTE.

Any suggestions?

09-26-2015 08:22 PM
    Nevermind, after a few restarts my LTE came back. Woohoo!

Everything seems quite snappy. Battery life too early to comment on, obviously.

NB: I try to avoid TouchWiz... Nova launcher, Google messenger, SwiftKey keyboard, etc. Anyone notice any improvement to stock app performance?

09-26-2015 08:33 PM
    Nevermind, after a few restarts my LTE came back. Woohoo!

Everything seems quite snappy. Battery life too early to comment on, obviously.

NB: I try to avoid TouchWiz... Nova launcher, Google messenger, SwiftKey keyboard, etc. Anyone notice any improvement to stock app performance?

I would watch that and also check with AT&T. If it happens again, might want to look at exchanging your phone, the update shouldn't affect that.. Unless you got a corrupted update when downloading. If that happens, Samsung will remove the OS and put it back on for free, and that will fix a corrupted update. A reflash will not fix that. You do have to send it to Samsung, but they will do that for free forever, even out if warranty phones.
    09-26-2015 08:36 PM
    I would watch that and also check with AT&T. If it happens again, might want to look at exchanging your phone, the update shouldn't affect that.. Unless you got a corrupted update when downloading. If that happens, Samsung will remove the OS and put it back on for free, and that will fix a corrupted update. A reflash will not fix that. You do have to send it to Samsung, but they will do that for free forever, even out if warranty phones.
    Thank you for this advice. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. So far so good...

I wouldn't hesitate to send it into Samsung. I had an awesome experience when they fixed a faulty OS update on my S5 for free. Had it back good as new in only 4 days.

09-26-2015 09:36 PM
    Thank you for this advice. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. So far so good...

I wouldn't hesitate to send it into Samsung. I had an awesome experience when they fixed a faulty OS update on my S5 for free. Had it back good as new in only 4 days.

Yeah a lot of people don't really understand about what they do when you send it in for that. I didn't myself until my Note 2 wouldn't unlock and I had the right code. AT&T couldn't figure it out either. I sent it to Samsung and I thought it was just a reflash like they can do at Best Buy. They explained it to me, removed the OS and reinstalled it, not just a reflash. Got my phone back and the unlock code worked the first time.
    09-26-2015 09:40 PM
    I had the same problem. On the 4th try instead of tapping continue after downloading I tapped remind me later. Then restarted the phone and went into settings and tapped continue update. That did the trick for me. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

09-26-2015 10:39 PM
    Might have to goto best buy for them to flash it, still says my 5.0.2 is current. :-(

09-27-2015 04:39 AM
    My battery has dropped from 100 to 89 % in just 1 hour and a half

09-27-2015 06:52 AM
    update and install took about 30 minutes. Didn't do a cache wipe but seems to respond quicker, battery is about the same. Have had it for 24 hours now.
    09-27-2015 06:55 AM
    Before we go saying it feels snappier, we need harder evidence than a feeling. A phone always feels snappier after a cache is cleared and usually even after a restart. This is mosyl do to background apps being stopped. I'm all for the update helping the phone run better, but I'm not getting my hopes up without better data.

I think the easiest data to get is to check your ram usage in the running apps settings page and then check it again after a day or so.

09-27-2015 07:33 AM
    My battery life was horrendous immediately after the update. That is to be expected because the update does things like wiping out cache and until the caches get refilled, battery life and performance will suffer. It seems better today (e.g., less battery drain last night), but I'm still watching it.
    09-27-2015 08:03 AM
    No Love for the S6 Active. No updates are available from ATT
    09-27-2015 09:35 AM
    Probably will come out in a few more days for the Active. I am downloading the update for my S6 now and hopefully we will be able to use Samsung Pay on the active with a PIN since it does not have a fingerprint scanner.
    bobmurray1212 likes this.
    09-27-2015 09:47 AM
    Nvm
    09-27-2015 10:49 AM

With a firmware update, it isn't unusual to see that at first, and it taking a short while for the battery to settle in. Same way it does with a new phone.
    09-27-2015 11:03 AM
    update failed to install... tried twice!! eagerly waiting for Samsung pay
    09-27-2015 11:33 AM
    A simple trip to best buy would cure most of these issues. Put those samsung reps to work
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-27-2015 11:41 AM
    Yes. Had the water effect when launching for a bit then when it starting making the whirring sound I gave in and called att.
    09-27-2015 11:45 AM
    A simple trip to best buy would cure most of these issues. Put those samsung reps to work
    Yup, I tend to do all my updates at Best Buy, then I don't have to worry about the Internet going down St home for a short time during the update and getting a corrupted update or anything. Sometimes I will do a small update at home, but a large update I always run over to Best Buy. The Best Buy sales people at my store all know me well. Last time I took four phones in for them to update.
    09-27-2015 11:46 AM
    Mine has failed to update twice now. This is my third attempt and then that's it for today.
    09-27-2015 12:21 PM
    Mine has failed to update twice now. This is my third attempt and then that's it for today.
    Mine has failed 4x. It gets to 1% then says failed and reboots. I did as suggested earlier and postponed the update, rebooted then continued the update. Still no go. My wife's phone took about 45 minutes to update and did so first try. Though she is not digging the round icons.

Only difference in our phones is mine is encrypted which requires a pin when you first power it up. Not sure if that's the issue though I had no issue with the previous update.

Oh well. Not having any issues with 5.0.2 so I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

09-27-2015 12:28 PM
    Did mines thru tmo network, bunch of crappy issues, wasn't that long bout 45mins, after that bad experience, thinking twice to do my wife phone (att). #blametmo

09-27-2015 12:34 PM
    Could the failed attempts have anything to do with disabled apps? Can any of you on ATT that successfully updated tell us if you had anything disabled?

09-27-2015 02:01 PM
208 12345 ...