AT&T update

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did the app storage cache clear.

When I did the clear cache partition, Lloyd popped up then keeled over. Cleared cache partition and reboot.

No problem. After update, it seems snappier and smooth. theme store button is there.

4freese

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The update just does not seem to be showing up for me. I really wish they would release the .tor files for these updates so we don't have to drive to a store to get joe schmoe to plug in our devices.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T update

The update just does not seem to be showing up for me. I really wish they would release the .tor files for these updates so we don't have to drive to a store to get joe schmoe to plug in our devices.

They are available in waves. It should be showing up by tomorrow night or Monday I would assume, since Samsung Pay is going live on Monday.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Have tried three times. No dice. Keeps saying it was interrupted. Wondering if it's because my device is encrypted.

Posted via the Android Central App

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
It looks like it's time to put my SIM back in my S6. I had given up on it because it was starting to get super buggy and serious battery drain. Hope this fixes at least most of these issues

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Have tried three times. No dice. Keeps saying it was interrupted. Wondering if it's because my device is encrypted.

I had the same problem. On the 4th try instead of tapping continue after downloading I tapped remind me later. Then restarted the phone and went into settings and tapped continue update. That did the trick for me. Good luck!

cr_buck

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
On 5.0.2 and it says the update was interrupted and there is no update. Changed the clock forward several times to bypass the 24 hour wait and still nothing except now it says I have t wait 240 hours to check again.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
On 5.0.2 and it says the update was interrupted and there is no update. Changed the clock forward several times to bypass the 24 hour wait and still nothing except now it says I have t wait 240 hours to check again.

That is what I was talking about above. You are lucky it only says 240. This happened with someone with their Note 3. IIRC, just a day or two later their update came on through and notified them. If you want the update now, Best Buy is where you need to go.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine upgrade fine on the first try. Indeed I received "Android Pay" not samsung pay. Also some icons changed thankngod, bc I hated the dialer and gallery icon, now they are much nicer. In regards to performance it seems as fast and smooth as the nova launcher. I'm happy with it so far, not sure what else changed. Hopefully someone can post a change log.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T update

Mine upgrade fine on the first try. Indeed I received "Android Pay" not samsung pay. Also some icons changed thankngod, bc I hated the dialer and gallery icon, now they are much nicer. In regards to performance it seems as fast and smooth as the nova launcher. I'm happy with it so far, not sure what else changed. Hopefully someone can post a change log.

Android Pay didn't come from there. They are just getting ready for Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay told me sometime Sunday night, the app would be out. They are just updating things getting phones ready for Samsung Pay. I already have the Samsung Pay app, I'm on beta with Samsung though.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just did a factory reset to be safe. Just got a refurbished from att due to camera issues so what the heck why not. So far it does seem a bit snappier. Man was that update huge and take a long time!!

Was your camera issue the noise when launching it?

clubbstudios

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
With 5.1.1, I have lost LTE connectivity completely. Stock S6 edge, AT&T model SM-G925A. Tried a factory reset, no luck. Just "faux G" HSPA+ and Edge, no LTE.

Any suggestions?

clubbstudios

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind, after a few restarts my LTE came back. Woohoo!

Everything seems quite snappy. Battery life too early to comment on, obviously.

NB: I try to avoid TouchWiz... Nova launcher, Google messenger, SwiftKey keyboard, etc. Anyone notice any improvement to stock app performance?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind, after a few restarts my LTE came back. Woohoo!

Everything seems quite snappy. Battery life too early to comment on, obviously.

NB: I try to avoid TouchWiz... Nova launcher, Google messenger, SwiftKey keyboard, etc. Anyone notice any improvement to stock app performance?

I would watch that and also check with AT&T. If it happens again, might want to look at exchanging your phone, the update shouldn't affect that.. Unless you got a corrupted update when downloading. If that happens, Samsung will remove the OS and put it back on for free, and that will fix a corrupted update. A reflash will not fix that. You do have to send it to Samsung, but they will do that for free forever, even out if warranty phones.

clubbstudios

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I would watch that and also check with AT&T. If it happens again, might want to look at exchanging your phone, the update shouldn't affect that.. Unless you got a corrupted update when downloading. If that happens, Samsung will remove the OS and put it back on for free, and that will fix a corrupted update. A reflash will not fix that. You do have to send it to Samsung, but they will do that for free forever, even out if warranty phones.

Thank you for this advice. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. So far so good...

I wouldn't hesitate to send it into Samsung. I had an awesome experience when they fixed a faulty OS update on my S5 for free. Had it back good as new in only 4 days.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this advice. I'll definitely keep an eye on it. So far so good...

I wouldn't hesitate to send it into Samsung. I had an awesome experience when they fixed a faulty OS update on my S5 for free. Had it back good as new in only 4 days.

Yeah a lot of people don't really understand about what they do when you send it in for that. I didn't myself until my Note 2 wouldn't unlock and I had the right code. AT&T couldn't figure it out either. I sent it to Samsung and I thought it was just a reflash like they can do at Best Buy. They explained it to me, removed the OS and reinstalled it, not just a reflash. Got my phone back and the unlock code worked the first time.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. On the 4th try instead of tapping continue after downloading I tapped remind me later. Then restarted the phone and went into settings and tapped continue update. That did the trick for me. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Might have to goto best buy for them to flash it, still says my 5.0.2 is current. :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12