AT&T update

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know when I had VoLTE enabled on my S6 Edge with 5.0.2 I was seeing 60% of my battery drain coming from it, then on 5.1.1 I saw 30% of my drain coming from it so maybe T-Mobile has a different implementation than what AT&T is using? Since Wifi calling isn't out I was merely speculating. One thing is for sure that right now it isn't ready for normal usage. I do live in an area that doesn't yet support it so that also might be the cause of my drain.

I was with AT&T for years, until about 2 months ago. Standby with AT&T was never an issue for me.

ec34500

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I saw a post somewhere about enabling all the bloat and trying again but that didn't work for me either.

Thank you for pointing that out - i have seen a lot of people saying that enabling & updating the disabled apps makes it work, but i dont want to waste my time with that when its still failing for users who dont have any apps disabled.

Ecoberry1

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Just did a factory reset to be safe. Just got a refurbished from att due to camera issues so what the heck why not. So far it does seem a bit snappier. Man was that update huge and take a long time!!

Doesn't a factory reset wipe out all of my contacts and other settings?

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Update went fine on my 32Gb (15gb free) phone. But Kindle app crashed repeatedly as it started. Cleared cache and it's working fine now.

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for pointing that out - i have seen a lot of people saying that enabling & updating the disabled apps makes it work, but i dont want to waste my time with that when its still failing for users who dont have any apps disabled.
I didn't update the disabled apps first. I think I'll call best buy and talk to the Samsung rep to see if they know anything.

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T update

Went to best buy at lunch. The Samsung tech went home sick. Went to at&t tech support Center and they flashed the update. After rebooting, I'm still on 5.0.2. They suggest a factory reset so I guess I'll work on that tonight.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Went to best buy at lunch. The Samsung tech went home sick. Went to at&t tech support Center and they flashed the update. After rebooting, I'm still on 5.0.2. They suggest a factory reset so I guess I'll work on that tonight.

Without a memory card, I don't think I would factory reset until I saw the samsung rep at best buy

ejp2015

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
If you have any files in your 'Private Folder', remove those.
Also make sure you have enough memory... more than 4GB.
No factory reset needed.

ejp2015

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have 14 gig available. Only had one item in private so I'll delete it and try again on wifi when I get home.

Let us know how it goes.
It took me 6 tries to finally get it to work... I'm guessing its the private file storage.
After I removed my private files, (and freed up a little space) it installed fine. If I had to take a guess, I would say its the private files, but it would be nice to pinpoint it for everyone.

Last edited:

ec34500

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Let us know how it goes.
It took me 6 tries to finally get it to work... I'm guessing its the private file storage.
After I removed my private files, (and freed up a little space) it installed fine. If I had to take a guess, I would say its the private files, but it would be nice to pinpoint it for everyone.

Going to try again when I get home...I removed cache and i dont see a "private" folder under storage, so im guessing that is good on my end. This will be my 5th try but im determined to get this to work haha

ejp2015

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Did you do anything different to get it to install the 2nd time? Mine has failed 2 times now with the 'install interrupted':-\

Make sure you have plenty of storage left and move your files out of the 'private' folder... then try again. If that works, post it... I'm thinking it has something to do with one of those two things.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Got mine to take. I went to Settings> System> Storage and I clicked on the cached storage, deleted, then started the update process and it worked without issue.

30 minutes after update: I definitely feel the UI is more responsive/snappy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else get this? Never installed. I finally rebooted and it's downloading all over again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-29-17-17-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-29-17-17-28.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 44

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm downloading attempt #2. First attempt downloaded completely, reboot for install, walked away, and came back to it saying it didn't install correctly.

Update: After 2nd attempt, install failed and it said to try again in 22 hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Just forward the date a day or two manually and try again. It took me like 3 tries before update stuck

Posted via the Android Central App

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have plenty of storage left and move your files out of the 'private' folder... then try again. If that works, post it... I'm thinking it has something to do with one of those two things.
Deleting my one private file didn't help. I have 14 gig available and it still failed.