AT&T update

j0urn3y

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Smooth sailing over here. I'm seeing improved performance and battery life.

Samsung camera app no longer lags when previewing the previous image.

Wish AT&T hadn't sat on this so long.

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Now I can't factory reset either. Gotta enter a google password and it says mine is incorrect even though I can use it to log into the mobile site.

Howiewowie

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I had no trouble installing it went well used Samsung smart switch did a back up, reset factory. Restored, all is there and running awesome, before update I run passmark benchmark was getting 7630 and now 8003 wow good upgrade to me...did update last night around 2 am cst took about one hour just did the backup reset and restore about another hour I'll repost on battery tomorrow night

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem on my edge. After four failed attempts, I finally reset my phone to factory settings. So irritating, but it worked. First time I've had any problems with AT&T and a Samsung phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Now I can't factory reset either. Gotta enter a google password and it says mine is incorrect even though I can use it to log into the mobile site.

Did you try to reset from ADM online? Personally, I would be on the phone with AT&T making then replace the phone at this point or sending it to Samsung. An update having this many issues has a good chance to be corrupted by the time you get it. The ONLY way to corrected a corrupted update is send the phone to Samsung and have the OS removed and put back on.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
just because I'm curious.....what happens when you have to send the phone to Samsung? Does this mean you're sh!t out of luck with no phone until they send it back?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They don't give you a phone. I always have an extra phone myself. If nothing else, you can get a $10 dumb phone and activate it with your number while your phone is gone, if you don't have another.

Taking the OS off and putting it back on, can do wonders, it will correct things that no number of reflashes or resets will do.

In Plano and in Los Angeles, they have walk in locations, those might can be done while you wait or that day. They are planning on having more walk in locations around the country and they can't remove the OS at Best Buy.

It takes 7-10 days for you to get your phone back.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
my S6 active is ok for now but haven't gotten the update yet. Glad I live mere miles from the Plano (my hometown) facility.

stormy777

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried the update from AT&T for last two days. eight tries myself all the downloads failed at install. I called AT&T and they sent the download to my phone it failed. I went to Best Buy and Samsung didn't have the new download to 5.1.1. I called again AT&T last night they sent the download to my phone I thought it's not going to work. Well it did! Don't give up call AT&T have them send the download to your phone. I didn't change a thing from all the times I tried so it's on their end I believe. BTW my phone works super great fast smooth with the 5.1.1

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Got the update a few days ago and it installed the first time with no problems. The phone does "seem" faster in some areas (switching apps with multi-tasking etc.) but of course without any real tests being done its hard to determine that its not just a placebo. Which is crazy because the phone was already blinding fast. I didn't care much for the new icons since I use Nova and have an icon pack installed but Samsung Pay is pretty neat I must say. I have used both Android Pay (at Whole Foods) and Samsung Pay (at Panera) and both worked with no problems. Great update!

Now just cross your fingers and see if we get Marshmallow next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci