Have my S6 since the release day. Have the Android wear watch and few other devices connected from the day one. Never had any issue with the battery drain caused by Bluetooth. Suddenly few days ago the battery started discharging at very fast rate and the Bluetooth is a top contributor. I tried to clear the cash, restart Bluetooth, reboot the phone, disconnect the Moto 360 watch, nothing helps. Even the latest 5.1.1 update from AT&T didn't solve this issue.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    09-26-2015 10:03 AM
    Hi, I don't have a solution, but I do have the same issue. I received a software update last week, which on first glance only changed the app icons to look similar to the Note 5, but now my bluetooth is draining my battery. I stream music in my car and it's taking its tole on my battery all of a sudden
    09-26-2015 10:07 AM
    In my case it drains even if no devices are connected, only paired.
    Turning Bluetooth off stops the drain.
    09-26-2015 10:57 AM
    In my case it drains even if no devices are connected, only paired.
    Turning Bluetooth off stops the drain.
    Same issue with a Nexus 5 last 3 days. Last week it was outlook contact synchronization locking up the contacts book causing Android Core Apps to battery drain. Wish Google showed you when you last updated an app vs. "recently" so I could go back three days and disable any app updated that day as process of elimination.
    09-29-2015 01:10 AM
    Same issue with a Nexus 5 last 3 days. Last week it was outlook contact synchronization locking up the contacts book causing Android Core Apps to battery drain. Wish Google showed you when you last updated an app vs. "recently" so I could go back three days and disable any app updated that day as process of elimination.
    My wife's VZW S5 started doing this last week while refusing to connect to her Fitbit. Also heats up her phone. We had been blaming a recent fitbit app update, but now starting to look like some Samsung bluetooth patch. Meanwhile, my VZW S6 is working fine.
    09-29-2015 06:10 AM
    I am having the same issue after upgrading to 5.1.1. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a factory reset.
    09-29-2015 10:00 AM
    It must be one of the downloaded applications. If I put the phone in to the Safe mode, the Bluetooth doesn't even appear on the list on the Battery page.
    09-29-2015 10:24 PM
    I don't know if it's a Samsung only issue, but it seems to be something with 5.1. Bluetooth keeps the phone from sleeping. Check out my thread from a few weeks ago.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ery-drain.html
    09-30-2015 11:00 AM
    Did a factory reset and now Bluetooth is not draining my battery.
    kide#WN likes this.
    10-01-2015 10:16 AM
    Did a factory reset and now Bluetooth is not draining my battery.
    How long have you been running without battery drain? I really don't want to factory reset, but I may have to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    10-01-2015 10:56 AM
    Good to know. Did you reinstall all apps you had before?
    10-02-2015 06:39 AM