Just updated to Android 5.1.1 and wiped the cache. My S6 seems much improved in performance. Then looked about in macrumor iphone forum, saw tons of people reported their new iphone 6s freezes and lags. I left a comment: "posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 5.1.1. Please give me some lags so I have something to talk about "

That was a joke but I am sure will get a lot of negative responses very soon
    09-26-2015 12:06 PM
    Haha iOS is notorious for being released really buggy and laggy and then slowly getting improved over time...before getting bugged up again by the next release. It's really strange for a company that takes so much pride in their operating system to have so little bug polish with each iterative update.
    09-26-2015 12:26 PM
    I'm all for letting people just enjoy the phone they choose...

But that doesn't stop me from teasing

Love my S6
    TheDonJ77, Shon123 and yaddam205 like this.
    09-26-2015 01:30 PM
    Ditto! Friend just got an iPhone 6s yesterday and couldn't use apple pay at any location we went to. I went 3/4 with samsung pay and felt like a boss.
    neiljay6, heron88, bbycrts and 1 others like this.
    09-26-2015 03:49 PM
    I had ios9 beta on my iPhone 5 and it worked much better than ios7 or ios8.
    IPhones are nice and I like them but Samsung pay is a must have tool for me.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-26-2015 04:30 PM
    And I'm over in the corner with a Windows Phone. Alone. Hahaha.
    Getting my signature working is very frustrating. It just does not want to work. And what is this maximum of four lines bollox? Utterly ridiculous. Why must I be confined on this site, haha.
    09-26-2015 07:50 PM
    I just bought a 6s for my wife and the pressure feedback is pretty cool. I thought the case was creaking when I first felt the press feedback. Lol.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-26-2015 08:52 PM
    Pic
    Attached Thumbnails Having fun teasing iphone 6s owners :)-1464.jpg  
    09-26-2015 08:53 PM
    Just updated to Android 5.1.1 and wiped the cache. My S6 seems much improved in performance. Then looked about in macrumor iphone forum, saw tons of people reported their new iphone 6s freezes and lags. I left a comment: "posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 5.1.1. Please give me some lags so I have something to talk about "

That was a joke but I am sure will get a lot of negative responses very soon
    I saw the lag thread at iMore. did you read the responses? All that was required to fix it was to just do one more reset after the iOS 9.1 update and every user who did so said it was fixed. Just a minor issue with the update and easily fixed. Even that minor glitch will be patched in no time flat and sent out to every owner as soon as Apple does it.

On the OTHER hand...

The Lollipop battery drain everyone has had issues with just recently got acknowledged on Google's support forums after over 1000 posts and being 'starred' by users 3000 - yes that's right - 3000 times. That's almost a year now. Furthermore, they stated that it's fixed on Android M. So if your phone isn't a Nexus you won't see the fix until around Feb 2016, a year and a half after 5.0
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-26-2015 09:05 PM
    I saw the lag thread at iMore. did you read the responses? All that was required to fix it was to just do one more reset after the iOS 9.1 update and every user who did so said it was fixed. Just a minor issue with the update and easily fixed. Even that minor glitch will be patched in no time flat and sent out to every owner as soon as Apple does it.

On the OTHER hand...

The Lollipop battery drain everyone has had issues with just recently got acknowledged on Google's support forums after over 1000 posts and being 'starred' by users 3000 - yes that's right - 3000 times. That's almost a year now. Furthermore, they stated that it's fixed on Android M. So if your phone isn't a Nexus you won't see the fix until around Feb 2016, a year and a half after 5.0
    iOS is notorious for being released extremely buggy but at least Apple works hard over the next year to patch it until it's perfect. That is, until they release the next iteration which restarts the whole cycle.
    Either way, they're still better than Google. At the same time, it's much more difficult for Google to get patches out since they have a lot more devices, and a lot more different models, and a lot of skins, and modifications, and...so on.
    09-27-2015 04:26 PM
    My 6s plus has been blazing fast and no lag to speak of. It's the fastest phone I've ever owned (coming from an s6 edge).
    jkulmtd likes this.
    09-28-2015 07:24 AM

On the OTHER hand...

Just in time for GS7.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2015 09:10 AM
    I have to admit, I have an S6 and the iPhone6 and my iPhone is running circles around the s6. Particularly speed and battery. Come on Samsung- get with it! I want to love you!!!!

09-29-2015 03:32 PM
    iOS is notorious for being released extremely buggy but at least Apple works hard over the next year to patch it until it's perfect. That is, until they release the next iteration which restarts the whole cycle.
    Either way, they're still better than Google. At the same time, it's much more difficult for Google to get patches out since they have a lot more devices, and a lot more different models, and a lot of skins, and modifications, and...so on.
    I don't agree at all. Android is a far superior OS. And the only reason it takes so long to release OS's is not because they aren't released, or the devices, it's the carriers. Carriers typically test in house for months, and then they need to install their bloatware as well.
    iOS is for people that don't want to think, that just simply want a phone that takes pics and makes calls. Android owners are more advanced, they enjoy a more sophisticated OS. I would never own an iOS device. A Mac yes, but never an iOS device.
    r56mcs likes this.
    09-29-2015 04:32 PM
    I don't agree at all. Android is a far superior OS. And the only reason it takes so long to release OS's is not because they aren't released, or the devices, it's the carriers. Carriers typically test in house for months, and then they need to install their bloatware as well.
    iOS is for people that don't want to think, that just simply want a phone that takes pics and makes calls. Android owners are more advanced, they enjoy a more sophisticated OS. I would never own an iOS device. A Mac yes, but never an iOS device.
    I never once said iOS is the better operating system, sir. I despise iOS, and refuse to use it. But they get updates out faster because of several reasons. One version of iOS (no skins or overlays). Very few devices (not thousands of different models). And they have carriers in their pockets. It's just a fact. Apple is better with updates.
    09-29-2015 04:54 PM
    I tried tried the 6s and the 6s plus and imo, it has nothing that would pull me away from the s6. The cam is on par with the s6. But the S6 has so many features. Add Samsung Pay to the list and it blows the iPhone out the water.

I tried to like and stay with the iPhone. But there is some pesky bugs in ios9 that just pissed me off. One for example, was when someone or several people text me. I pull down the notification bar down to clear the notifications. However the very first text notification in the drop down do not erase. The only way to get it to erase is to reboot the phone. Which got annoying pretty quick.

The other thing too that wasn't really a bad thing , however, Apple just haven't implemented the feature yet, is fast charging. Having used the new 2015 Moto X and the s6 and their fast charging capabilites, you can't help but get irritated at how slow the iPhone 6 / 6s Plus etc charge.

neiljay6 and r56mcs like this.
    09-29-2015 07:20 PM
    I never once said iOS is the better operating system, sir. I despise iOS, and refuse to use it. But they get updates out faster because of several reasons. One version of iOS (no skins or overlays). Very few devices (not thousands of different models). And they have carriers in their pockets. It's just a fact. Apple is better with updates.
    Just because you get an OS out fast doesn't make it good. That's proven with Apple. There are issues upon issues at release. This past release had massive issues. And a 9.0.1 had to be released 3 days after 9.
    I am happy to wait 6 months for an OS that is stable for my Android any day.
    09-30-2015 06:31 AM
    Just because you get an OS out fast doesn't make it good. That's proven with Apple. There are issues upon issues at release. This past release had massive issues. And a 9.0.1 had to be released 3 days after 9.
    Android's updates are just as buggy. There are always bugs with updates. I agree that iOS tends to be a little bit more buggy upon release but at least Apple releases updates lightning fast. You can't have perfection, but if I had the choice I'd take Android with Apple's update structure.
    09-30-2015 06:36 AM
    How about a year and a half? Is that acceptable? There's a massive thread on google's own product support forum about the lollipop battery drain issue that's been complained about pretty much everywhere. Do you know how long it took from release to be acknowledged there? almost an entire year. In fact it just got acknowledged publicly in that thread a couple weeks ago. Which means carrier phones won't see the fix until those phones get the M version which usually doesn't happen until Feb-March.
    09-30-2015 10:00 AM