Export stock memo app data

Matby

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have almost 700 memos on my galaxy 6s,
How can I export all my memos from my device or the samsung account to my pc? I want to import all my notes to evernote or Google keep.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yikes! 700 might be a task. If it's the regular memo app installed in the phone, you'll have to check em all and then click "share." you'll have to put em in a Google Drive or possible drop box if you have it. I believe there's a Bluetooth option if you're transferring them to a new phone. See if you can explore the phone's memory and find the folder they're in. Then get a flash drive and plug it in your phone and move em there. Seems like the easiest option. In the future, try "colornote" which has a cloud function or sync with your Google account and they'll always be saved there

Matby

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
The problem is that I can't choose multiple notes to share, I can only one at a time. And I can't find the memos folder in my device's memory..

Posted via the Android Central App

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Open "my files" and then device storage and then share memo. All your memos should be in there if you're using the stock memo app. If it's a different app then I'm not sure but it's easier to find files on the s6 since there's only device memory and no memory card.

Matby

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
No I don't see this option.
And in the share memo folder I have only one memo for some reason..

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would still help to know exactly which memo app this is. Was it preinstalled on the phone? Open the app, tap Menu>Settings>About. What is the name of the app there? Also, go to the App Manager, find the memo app, and see if there is an Uninstall button or just a Disable button. If there's only Disable, then it was preinstalled.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Sorry, I can't find a way to do it on the web. If there's no Export option in the Settings, then I doubt you can have anything else besides the Memo app read them. That's one of the main problems with these proprietary note-taking apps--they don't always have a way to view notes across apps.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm stumped. I created a test memo in the same app and found it in the share memo folder. Not sure why all of yours aren't in there. Looks like you're stuck sending one at a time. If you start now, you'll be done by Christmas lol. Just making light of a sucky situation.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This probably won't help, but go to the App Manager, select Memo, and Clear Cache (but not Data).

Michaelswave

Aug 14, 2017
Visit site
Hello Sadears, did you manage to ever figure out how to export all the memos at once? I have 2000+ memos .... Thanks. You can contact me at [email address redacted by Mod] if you like. <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Malickusmantariq

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Finally Found a solution for you guys, Download *SAMSUNG NOTES* from Galaxy-apps(samsung store) and then goto settings > import data > From Device ( select from device below the heading of import memo data ) and select the memo's you want to import then press "DONE" and it will import all the memos to your galaxy note app, then you can export and import.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85