Battery draining too fast

azariaa93

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi my battery life on my s6 has been draining fast I'm not even getting 3 hours of SoT time not really sure why. I've done what the battery sticky thread has said to do but still no improvement. Screen is on 25% most of the time, this is with just randomly checking stuff at times no games or anything like that. Any help would be appreciated.

uploadfromtaptalk1443686848221.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443686858568.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443686870242.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443686880031.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
USe battery doctor to optimize your phone, may be some apps are using it in background.

I realize a lot of well-meaning people end up trying those apps thinking that they're helpful -- sorry to say but it's terrible advice to do so. There are a number of discussions about them here on the forums, which clearly outline how they do more harm than good, and how the company which distributes this one is particularly suspect. Please avoid those apps at all cost.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I think this is normal. 4 hours is the max I can get out of my S6. And that is with reeeeeally light use. 3 hours is average for most users. So don't worry. This phone will only give you 3 hours of SOT on average on normal use. I'm sorry.

Posted via the Android Central App

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
This is very much aligned with my battery usage, common territory for me...i would say its the norm.

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi my battery life on my s6 has been draining fast I'm not even getting 3 hours of SoT time not really sure why. I've done what the battery sticky thread has said to do but still no improvement. Screen is on 25% most of the time, this is with just randomly checking stuff at times no games or anything like that. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 199385
View attachment 199386
View attachment 199387
View attachment 199388

That's way better than me I can get 3 hours SOT but my usage since fully charged is about 5-6 hours, I've never gotten close to what you posted. My fiance has the s6 edge and she averages the same as me.

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been having great battery life with my S6, the best of any phone I've had in years. Until..... VZW pushed out an update a few days ago, the one past the 5.1.1, since then it has been horrible. Did the bug fiz update have anything to do with that?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I was facing the same issue until I installed Package Disable Pro and used its one click feature to disable all bloatware, now my battery lats me 2 days! Best app I installed on this phone! no root required

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I've seen people get 4+ hours of SoT on here though :/ I'm not sure if they have different settings or got lucky.

Are you perhaps leaving services on (like Bluetooth or Location) when you don't need them? Have you made sure sync isn't running for accounts/apps you don't want or need?

I haven't done anything special, just followed the advice in erasat's battery thread (tailored to my use, leaving social media apps intact), and my results haven't been too bad. Well over 3 hours SoT today with 45% remaining so far:

45.png

I know there are others here posting similar (or better) results, so I'd hate to think 3 hours total is "average"... unless some folks are having signal/coverage issues that're negatively impacting battery life.

azariaa93

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I've disabled sync on everything, location off, Bluetooth off. I've been barely using it my SoT is 34 mins with 83% used...

sayyaf khan

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
This may seem like a weird suggestion but have you tried changing the launcher ? I use nova prime
I Normally get around 5 hours of SOT with 17 hours of use . What I did was turn off location and auto sync. Debloated 4 or 5 apps . Brightness mostly around 20% . Mostly on WiFi .
I have never gotten less than 5 hours of SOT with these settings often I do touch 6 even
I am however using the international version .

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes I'm usually clauncher now. I'm really debating a factory reset

I think it would be a good idea actually -- and this time around make sure to avoid "battery saving" apps or other installs that interfere with Android's normal operation. Then you can go down the checklist in the battery thread here, hopefully with better results.

azariaa93

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I think it would be a good idea actually -- and this time around make sure to avoid "battery saving" apps or other installs that interfere with Android's normal operation. Then you can go down the checklist in the battery thread here, hopefully with better results.
When would be the best time to do this? 100% battery or whenever?

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
When would be the best time to do this? 100% battery or whenever?

Usually it's recommended to be above 80% for installing large OS updates, but I don't think that's necessary for a reset, which shouldn't take nearly as long to perform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad