How to connect university email to gmail account?

Megan Downing

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. I have a galaxy s6.

I have connected my personal gmail account to the gmail app on the phone but it will not let me do so with my university email which works with gmail as well.

I keep getting this error:

"There was a problem connecting to idp.okstate.edu"

and also

"security certificate is not trusted by your device's operating system"

I never had this issue when connecting the account to my gmail when I used my iPhone.

Can anyone help me out? I've tried other forum's and asking around but no one seems to have an answer other than "lol must be wrong pass"

It's not -_-

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I work at a university as well, I stopped getting my work emails on my Gmail back on July 9th, I ended up using the Samsung email for my work email

sent from my S6 using tapatalk

Kris0990

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi, idk if this is too late but i recently came across the same problem. I was able to fix it on my note 5 by using my internet browser on my computer and logging in the traditional way, then going into my gmail preferences and under the fowarding category enabling both imap and pop. After that i could add my ostate.okstate.edu email account to my phone as a gmail account just fine. I hope this helps! =)

You can do this from your phone as well as long as you view your gmail in "desktop version". Otherwise preferences wont be an available option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara