I just recently bought the S6. I was using Hangouts but for some reason it became very slow. I would type a sentence and 2 to 3 seconds later the words would show up. It got very annoying so I switched to Message+. That was working fine until the notification tone randomly stopped working.

1) Has anyone had the same slow issue with Hangouts?
    2) Anyone know how to fix the notification tone on Message+? I switched to Samsung Messages and the notification works on that so I am pretty sure it is a Message+ issue.

TIA
    10-02-2015 07:37 PM
    Hi, I can't comment on the 2nd question, but yes I found Hangouts way too laggy to use on the S6, I really wanted to use it, but it was un-usable.
    10-03-2015 09:16 AM
    I don't have any issue with message+ tones. Do you have both sound and notification(message tone) and the message+ tone set to the same? That'd be the only possible issue I could think of. Also might try uninstalling M+ then re-install.
    10-03-2015 09:49 AM
    I have been having this issue with Message+ and it's driving me nuts.

Every once in a while I will stop hearing notification sounds when I get a text message from my wife. When I tap on her contact within Message+ the sound assigned to her says Hangouts Message but when I tap on that, none of the radio buttons are selected. I select the Hangouts Message tone and the issue is resolved temporarily. A few days later it will randomly happen again for no apparent reason.

This issue only affects her, others can send me texts and I hear the sound with no issue. I don't know what the problem could be but I followed OP's advice just now and switched my messaging app to Samsung Messages. Hopefully the issue is with the Message+ app.
    10-29-2015 09:28 AM