At the end of September 2015 got the Galaxy S6 from an AT&T dealer. I did not get the waterproof version or the edge. The case that I got from that store was clear and very slippery. While on vacation I was in a restaurant and using the Ladies room. My phone was in the pocket of my jacket. Needless to say because the case was so slippery, the phone came out of the pocket and plopped into the toilet. Luckily it was before I used it! LOL.
    When I got back to the table it seemed okay but the screen started flashing and looked like it was going to short out. I immediately turned it off. The waitress said she would go get me some rice. She returned with the rice in a ziplock bag. I placed the phone in the rice and left the phone turned off for 3 days before turning it back on. I had heard that sometimes this works. Well I was lucky because it was totally okay and has been since. I wanted to let others know that it is definately worth a try! This phone has a sealed battery so you cant take it out. I do have insurance but I was in Alaska at the time and knew I would not be able to do anything until I returned home. I hope this post is able to help someone else. My phone was only 1 week old when this happened to me and the reason I got it was because my Galaxy S4 feel out of my tote bag at the community pool and landed in the water!!!! My daugher said "Mom, NO MORE CELLS PHONE FOR YOU AROUND WATER!"
    Good luck if you need to do this!
    Shon123 likes this.
    10-04-2015 03:46 PM
    the phone came out of the pocket and plopped into the toilet. Luckily it was before I used it!
    but other people had, sorry I would have left it.......

sent from my S6 using tapatalk
    10-04-2015 08:00 PM
    At the end of September 2015 got the Galaxy S6 from an AT&T dealer. I did not get the waterproof version or the edge. The case that I got from that store was clear and very slippery. While on vacation I was in a restaurant and using the Ladies room. My phone was in the pocket of my jacket. Needless to say because the case was so slippery, the phone came out of the pocket and plopped into the toilet. Luckily it was before I used it! LOL.
    When I got back to the table it seemed okay but the screen started flashing and looked like it was going to short out. I immediately turned it off. The waitress said she would go get me some rice. She returned with the rice in a ziplock bag. I placed the phone in the rice and left the phone turned off for 3 days before turning it back on. I had heard that sometimes this works. Well I was lucky because it was totally okay and has been since. I wanted to let others know that it is definately worth a try! This phone has a sealed battery so you cant take it out. I do have insurance but I was in Alaska at the time and knew I would not be able to do anything until I returned home. I hope this post is able to help someone else. My phone was only 1 week old when this happened to me and the reason I got it was because my Galaxy S4 feel out of my tote bag at the community pool and landed in the water!!!! My daugher said "Mom, NO MORE CELLS PHONE FOR YOU AROUND WATER!"
    Good luck if you need to do this!
    Just an FYI, not to burst your bubble. But damage can still occur down the road. It may work now but you could experience down the road with corrosion issues and such. The rice is great, but it's not going to remove ALL the water. And what's left causes corrosion.
    wendybook50 likes this.
    10-05-2015 12:45 PM
    Thanks....I will be forewarned if something happens in the future. So far, so good but I do have insurance.
    10-07-2015 03:30 PM
    Yes, i like phone which the battery can take it out.But my new phone battery didn't take it out and more and more phones don't have this feature.
    I drop my phone in toilet once. I pick it quickly and take battery out.
    And i used hair dryer to gently dry it.
    Thnaks goodness and the phone works well.
    10-19-2015 10:43 PM
    My gf once dropped her s3 in the toilet. We used pasta because we unfortunately didn't have any rice. Still did the trick and, ironically, we found the phone to be faster and more responsive after the splash than it was before. I really don't understand why but hey, I'm not complaining

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 01:52 AM
    If you drop a phone in water while it has a battery in it (whether on or off), take it out, dry it, and it works - then either water never reached powered circuitry or it did hit the circuitry and the problem just hasn't shown up yet. If you dunk a battery-less phone in distilled water then thoroughly dry it then it should work. So, don't keep a battery in your phone and make sure all water you encounter is distilled - and you will be good to go...
    10-20-2015 06:02 AM