10-06-2015 05:48 PM
27 12
tools
    Unsatisfied with my iPhone 6s. Of all the features I'd like in a device the S6 seems to have most of them. The mediocre battery is the one thing that scares me away. Is the S6 still worth buying or are there other Androids that have surpasses it in terms of performance and specs?

Trying to stay around the 5" display size so the Note 5/ Edge+ are out of the question for me.
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-05-2015 08:20 AM
    The S6 is a gorgeous device and would be my dream phone if there wouldn't be 2 things bothering me:

Battery Life
    If you think that isn't an issue, think again! I barely use my phone throughout the day; a handful of text messages and a phone call on most days. Still, I barely had enough battery life left to make it through the day. If I used the camera and other features such as navigation, I had to charge it mid-day ...

Fragility
    I never drop my phones ... ever! Well, until this one time where it just slid out of the case from approximately 3ft, bounced off the upper right edge, bounced once more off the upper left edge and then fell flat on its back. The result: back spider-cracked and the 2 edges totally bumped.

I don't really like larger phones either but I switched back to the Note 4 which, after all this months still feels too big to me. If you ever come across a smaller device as nice and powerful as the S6 but more resistant against accidents, I am in! Drop me a line.
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-05-2015 08:32 AM
    Wait for the Galaxy s7

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    drone3 and ShaunAFC3 like this.
    10-05-2015 08:59 AM
    At this point, I agree with waiting for the GS7. I have to say, I do love my S6!

J
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-05-2015 09:11 AM
    S7 could be another 6 months away... Not sure I want to wait that long!
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-05-2015 09:14 AM
    Yes its still worth it. Just make sure you have a fast charging battery pack.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-05-2015 11:12 AM
    Yes it's a great phone just carry a portable charging pack if your worried about battery.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    10-05-2015 03:26 PM
    I agree with the battery life. I also have an iPhone 6S Plus which has amazing battery life.. like a day and a half. The battery life on the 6S/Edge isn't great.
    10-05-2015 07:00 PM
    Get a Nexus 6P. This S6 and S6 edge+ battery life is beyond horrible.
    10-05-2015 07:27 PM
    Get a Nexus 6P. This S6 and S6 edge+ battery life is beyond horrible.
    The force is strong with Neo...he can see the future. He is the ONE! Lol

Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    10-05-2015 07:29 PM
    The force is strong with Neo...he can see the future. He is the ONE! Lol

seriously dawg, I havea 6 edge+ which has a 3000 mAH battery and I barely touch my phone as I'm a light user but the battery suckage is just insane even with all apps closed and background data limited
    10-05-2015 07:38 PM
    I am coming from an iPhone 6, had every version before it. I switched to an S6E a month ago and battery life has been just as good as my iPhone 6.

I might even say battery life is better as I now use the S6E more daily than I ever did with the iPhone 6 as the screen never makes me feel like I need to switch to a laptop.

I will add, I did disable all of the BS apps that came with it and I do not use Facebook via an app, just through browser. FB was a battery hog on both the iPhone and Edge.

I do not disable connectivity options like others either. Wifi, bluetooth, sync, location and nfc are always on.

I will never go back to an iPhone now that I have this device, it is superior in every way IMO.
    Snappy Phoenix and ShaunAFC3 like this.
    10-05-2015 07:55 PM
    Unsatisfied with my iPhone 6s. Of all the features I'd like in a device the S6 seems to have most of them. The mediocre battery is the one thing that scares me away. Is the S6 still worth buying or are there other Androids that have surpasses it in terms of performance and specs?

Trying to stay around the 5" display size so the Note 5/ Edge+ are out of the question for me.
    The phone is spectacular. Just make sure you carry and external battery pack when you aren't near an outlet or wireless charging pad. The battery life is terrible. The good news is that it charges more quickly than any phone I've used.

6 months in and there still isn't another Android phone that tempts me.
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-05-2015 10:44 PM
    The phone is spectacular. Just make sure you carry and external battery pack when you aren't near an outlet or wireless charging pad. The battery life is terrible. The good news is that it charges more quickly than any phone I've used.

6 months in and there still isn't another Android phone that tempts me.
    ^what this person said. Although I don't have a problem with battery life. It's sufficient enough for me. Gets me through a full day easily.

10-06-2015 02:55 AM
    S6 is amazing, best display and camera but battery life and reception issues have been my main problems. I would say wait for the S7.

dreaming of electric sheep
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-06-2015 05:04 AM
    seriously dawg, I havea 6 edge+ which has a 3000 mAH battery and I barely touch my phone as I'm a light user but the battery suckage is just insane even with all apps closed and background data limited
    Battery for S6 is OK for me but I wouldn't recommend to a heavy user. With that said I can get by a day with single charge, I'm a light to medium user and its my work phone so sometimes it's under heavy use. Every single Android phone I've used has always under delivered on battery performance, except a hwawi mate which had a 4200mah. To assume 6P will have a killer battery is understandable but I'd still reserve my expectations... Look at the nexus 6 for its first 6 months, battery was horrid. My expectations are reserved, until proven otherwise.

Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    10-06-2015 05:34 AM
    It might be out in Feb. sometime I read.It will be expensive also. Much more than the S6 is now.
    10-06-2015 05:56 AM
    If it was me thinking of getting a new phone, if at all possible I'd wait. I usually gotta charge my phone 3 times a day as I'm a pretty heavy user. I've also did every tip and trick on the battery life thread by erasat but it didn't help much with my battery. I do love this phone and everything on it but if ur phones dead, it doesn't matter how good of pics it takes, how fast it is, or how awesome the screen looks.
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-06-2015 06:47 AM
    Battery for S6 is OK for me but I wouldn't recommend to a heavy user. With that said I can get by a day with single charge, I'm a light to medium user and its my work phone so sometimes it's under heavy use. Every single Android phone I've used has always under delivered on battery performance, except a hwawi mate which had a 4200mah. To assume 6P will have a killer battery is understandable but I'd still reserve my expectations... Look at the nexus 6 for its first 6 months, battery was horrid. My expectations are reserved, until proven otherwise.

Nexus 6 had a bigger screen and much smaller battery. Def optimistic on the battery on that one. But yeah s6 battery is not that great. Only android phone I've had with WOW battery was the Xperia z3 and z2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    chezm likes this.
    10-06-2015 06:54 AM
    FYI, I'd go get the S6, unless you have a preview of new features you can't live without. The idea that the next version will be always be better isn't always true. The S5 was a huge disappointment for Samsung, which made them go back to the drawing board and produce the beautiful S6.

As for battery life, there are tons of ways to extend, but they all take effort, measurement and trial and error. There isn't a phone on the market that solves that without knowledge and making choices. Buy a battery pack if you need one

10-06-2015 07:13 AM
    Even as a light to medium user my battery has been gradually getting worse since 5.1.1...I'll be doing a factory reset tonight. But it seems the battery life with all 2015 phones has been less than stellar...lollipop issue?

10-06-2015 07:38 AM
    Even as a light to medium user my battery has been gradually getting worse since 5.1.1...I'll be doing a factory reset tonight. But it seems the battery life with all 2015 phones has been less than stellar...lollipop issue?

I think it's lollipop issue and alot of manufacturers are putting smaller batteries in flagship phones. They want to make their phones thinner and put a smaller battery in it. I'd rather have a thicker phone with better battery because I put my phones in cases anyways so I never see it naked and all of its thinness. 😜
    chezm and ShaunAFC3 like this.
    10-06-2015 07:48 AM

My note 5 gets way better battery life than my s6e.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-06-2015 07:49 AM
    I think it's lollipop issue and alot of manufacturers are putting smaller batteries in flagship phones. They want to make their phones thinner and put a smaller battery in it. I'd rather have a thicker phone with better battery because I put my phones in cases anyways so I never see it naked and all of its thinness.
    Agreed. Dose or whatever its called cant come soon enough...the problem is being with a Samsung device we will see that in early 2016.
    clintw22 and ShaunAFC3 like this.
    10-06-2015 07:50 AM
    My note 5 gets way better battery life than my s6e.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Because its got a bigger battery. With that said, i spent time on the Note 5 forums and looked at the battery postings...you gotta admit thats less than expected, especially from the Note line. This is why i suspect its a Lollipop specific related issue hopefully resolved by 6.0.
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    10-06-2015 07:51 AM
27 12