Hi all

I have had my Galaxy S6 now for about 3 months with no problems, however as of yesterday my phone keep freezing but not in most conventional way. Every now and then the screen freezes and the bar along the top where the battery, WiFi, notifications icons are goes completely black and no longer shows the icons; until I press the back button (Lower right) and everything goes back to normal and the phone is then unfrozen and the icons at the top reappear. I have reset the phone a few times and have checked for updates but none are available.

Obviously this isn't a major issue as it is easily fixed each time although it is still slightly annoying. Has anyone else experienced this recently and potentially found a fix?

Thanks for any help or solutions in advance.
    10-06-2015 07:49 AM
    Can you drag the notification shade down when it gets like this? When you say you have reset the phone, do you mean you rebooted it or do you mean you did a factory reset? Which carrier are you on? If you recently got a system update like ATT did, you mat want to do a factory reset. OS upgrades are not always successful.

I would try looking at apps you have installed, starting from most recently and going back, and specifically look for ones that put an icon up on the top, or if you don't have any that do that, one that puts a notification like a weather app or something similar.
    lucianus_luciferus likes this.
    10-06-2015 08:44 AM
    I would tend to agree with Loraque. Sounds like something 3rd party you have installed is causing the issue. Look for something using your location or GPS. Those are the more typical apps that cause your issue.
    I would do a factory reset and go from there though.
    10-06-2015 01:44 PM