No drivers for windows 10. Do not upgrade!

Kirk Johnson2

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
what a mistake, now i cant transfer files or tether my phone to my laptop. Thanks again microsoft! If anyone knows how to make anything work with windows 10 let me know!!:mad:

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Everything works fine for me. Try installing Samsung's Smart Switch, that's the program that replaced Kies. Maybe it will install the necessary drivers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
what a mistake, now i cant transfer files or tether my phone to my laptop. Thanks again microsoft! If anyone knows how to make anything work with windows 10 let me know!!:mad:

I've backed up and restored with Windows 10 and Smart Switch. I think there is an option to download drivers again.

Kirk Johnson2

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its just my laptop then. I tried everything you said, installing smart switch, reinstalling drivers option. When I plug the phone in nothing happens.

nivohayon1582

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It happend to me to. Ita the cable.
I tried it with my sister's galaxy s4 cable and it worked fine.
And when i trid using my cable with the galaxy s4 it didnt work.
So i think my cable is broken.
But at least fast charging is working so i dont care

Kirk Johnson2

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried a different cable and it seems to recognize the phone now. I get a lot of error messages when surfing the web though, not connected to a network.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
It happend to me to. Ita the cable.
I tried it with my sister's galaxy s4 cable and it worked fine.
And when i trid using my cable with the galaxy s4 it didnt work.
So i think my cable is broken.
But at least fast charging is working so i dont care

Makes sense, the data side and charging side are two completely separate entities of a USB Cable. At least you still have the fast charge.
I just ordered a second one from the android store. My wireless charger HAS to use the quick charge cable my S6 came with, if I use my S4 cable I can't connect to the wireless charge at all

anon(4681724)

May 27, 2013
Visit site
So you're saying that you have loaded SmartSwitch + drivers and are able to transfer data to and from your Windows 10 PC to Galaxy S6 without any problems?

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
So you're saying that you have loaded SmartSwitch + drivers and are able to transfer data to and from your Windows 10 PC to Galaxy S6 without any problems?

Works fine for me. I just did a fresh full backup of my S6 a few days ago via SmartSwitch. Win 10 also recognizes the phone on its own and I'm able to transfer music and photos back and forth without issue.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Works just fine, the moment I plug in my S6 edge+ and check for Windows Updates in Windows 10, it finds the right driver and install it then I had to unplug/reconnect the device from the USB and I was able to transfer files just fine.

JerToo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't even seeing the phone in Win 10 and Note 4 but then downloaded SmartSwitch and still couldn't see it. I then changed to different USB cable and Win 10 recognized the phone and brought up a screen asking what I wanted to do.

So I don't know if it was SmartSwitch or the other USB cable I was using but others have mentioned to try different USB cables so that may have been my problem all along. I would recommend trying the cable that came with the phone or even another one if you have any more. If that doesn't work do the same after installing SmartSwitch.

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I think the problem at least for me is I am unable to transfer, move, copy, rename or anything else if I hook my phone up to my windows 10 pc using the file manager or what use to be explore in the old windows versions. I have always in the past be able to do this. It has nothing to do with the cable. If I use the original cable that came with my phone and hook it up to a Windows 7 machine everything works fine, I can copy, move, rename, etc pdf file or doc files. If however I hook my phone up to my Windows 10 machine I am unable to do any of that.
Yes I did update to smartswitch and it will let me move pictures and music files, but SmartSwitch does not have the option to modify any other kind of file like pdf or doc. So far the only way I can do it is to use my windows 7 machine, so it has to be something with window 10

Sorry I did a search to find this thread but my issue is with my Galaxy Note 3....

Thanks,
Hamradionut

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance