10-14-2015 10:51 AM
41 12
tools
    So which app is better to use shut app or greenify?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-09-2015 07:11 AM
    I also see doze but it wants to create a VPN connection....uneasy feeling

10-09-2015 07:13 AM

I tried doze and didn't see much improvement.

chezm and emad1995 like this.
    10-09-2015 10:20 AM

Doze didn't work for me, it ended up draining more battery than it saved.

10-09-2015 02:09 PM
    Doze did wonders for my standby time,highly recommend it.

I have used both shut app and greenify and greenify worked better, although they are both pretty similar.

dreaming of electric sheep
    10-11-2015 12:37 AM
    Shut App I use it and never a problem with it. It actually works great and does not take up so much space to install.
    10-11-2015 06:23 AM
    Doze did wonders for my standby time,highly recommend it.

I have used both shut app and greenify and greenify worked better, although they are both pretty similar.

Without doze I lose about 6-7% overnight when I'm sleeping for 8 hours. With doze I lose 13-15% in the same amount of time overnight. Do you know why it drains so much of my battery?

10-11-2015 07:18 AM
    Without doze I lose about 6-7% overnight when I'm sleeping for 8 hours. With doze I lose 13-15% in the same amount of time overnight. Do you know why it drains so much of my battery?

What apps do you have whitelisted in Doze?

10-11-2015 08:30 AM
    What apps do you have whitelisted in Doze?

Only whatsapp is white listed.

10-11-2015 07:41 PM
    Only whatsapp is white listed.

What I realised with WhatsApp is if I don't close it in the app switcher window it drains the crap out of the battery. Try close WhatsApp before you switch off the screen. Let me know if there's any change.

10-12-2015 04:01 AM
    What I realised with WhatsApp is if I don't close it in the app switcher window it drains the crap out of the battery. Try close WhatsApp before you switch off the screen. Let me know if there's any change.

But how come it drains so much battery with doze? I never have to manually close anything when I'm not use ing doze and the battery already lasts longer.

10-12-2015 09:43 AM
    But how come it drains so much battery with doze? I never have to manually close anything when I'm not use ing doze and the battery already lasts longer.

I can only tell you from my personal experience based on my current setup and tweaks. After you have doze on for a while, If you look in battery stats at the graph it should show a flat line, so you know very little battery is being used. Here is my general setup

1. Location off, location history off
    2. Nfc off
    3. WiFi always scanning off
    4. Keep WiFi on when sleeping = only when plugged in.
    4. Smart stay off
    5. Brightness usually around 15%, Auto brightness off.
    6. Close all apps in the app switcher tray regularly when not being used.
    7. Greenify all apps that don't need essential notifications. Setup Greenify widget in the home screen and activate it to close non essential apps regularly.
    8. Use Doze, only essential apps whielisted.

You can try this setup to see if it helps. I'm going to try just whitelist WhatsApp to see if I get extra drain.

10-12-2015 04:33 PM

I can only tell you from my personal experience based on my current setup and tweaks. After you have doze on for a while, If you look in battery stats at the graph it should show a flat line, so you know very little battery is being used. Here is my general setup

1. Location off, location history off
    2. Nfc off
    3. WiFi always scanning off
    4. Keep WiFi on when sleeping = only when plugged in.
    4. Smart stay off
    5. Brightness usually around 15%, Auto brightness off.
    6. Close all apps in the app switcher tray regularly when not being used.
    7. Greenify all apps that don't need essential notifications. Setup Greenify widget in the home screen and activate it to close non essential apps regularly.
    8. Use Doze, only essential apps whielisted.

You can try this setup to see if it helps. I'm going to try just whitelist WhatsApp to see if I get extra drain.

Juat to test, i turned on dize again and un-whitelisting WhatsApp. So now I have nothing white listed and my battery drained 16% while I was sleeping for 8 hours. Going to turn doze off again

10-12-2015 05:03 PM
    Juat to test, i turned on dize again and un-whitelisting WhatsApp. So now I have nothing white listed and my battery drained 16% while I was sleeping for 8 hours. Going to turn doze off again

Doze works 100%. If you want to problem solve it, you need to try different things, looking at which apps or services are draining the battery would be a good start.

10-12-2015 07:11 PM
    My battery is crazy bad i am going to post screen shots later it has dropped over 30% in 5 hours with no usage.
    10-13-2015 01:27 PM
    I was trying to sell my S6, not because i dont LOVE the device but because work gave me an LG G3 and im paying monthly to keep the S6 to use as my work phone (works out to be only $20 a month). I keep test driving the G3 as my daily driver and man do i dislike the device...i thought i'd love it but dont like it at all, especially coming from the S6. Nevertheless, i used it for 2 days and the battery life was identically on par with the S6...and the thing has 3000mah. So while i agree the battery life of the S6 isn't great by any means, comparing it to another (year old) high end device with a larger battery (and screen, mind you its LED)...the S6 aint too bad and has opened my eyes more to how great it is overall. Let me be clear, i've attempted to 'sell' my S6 three times now, the people saying they will meet me never show up...and im kinda happy they havent lol...yesterday was my last attempt, im keeping the S6 and thats it.
    10-14-2015 10:51 AM
41 12