Battery really bad

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So I belive I need to send my phone to samsung and have them replace the battery.

It drains like crazy when doing anything on the phone. The only time I was able to get decent battery was when I put a movie on Netflix and just let it play and didn't touch my phone.

This can't be normal battery usage but I wanted to post here and see what people think. I belive I should be getting way more.

The second set of images are when I watched a movie and didn't touch the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4262.jpg
    4262.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 223
  • 4261.jpg
    4261.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 4259.jpg
    4259.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 4258.jpg
    4258.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 224

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
This can't be normal battery usage but I wanted to post here and see what people think. I belive I should be getting way more.

Could you provide more detail about your usage? What apps do you use most frequently? How do you set your screen brightness? Have you installed any apps promising to optimize your battery or cache? Are you running any sort of antivirus app? In the first screenshot, it shows Bluetooth, NFC and Location are all enabled. Are you leaving services on all the time or only enabling when needed?

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Could you provide more detail about your usage? What apps do you use most frequently? How do you set your screen brightness? Have you installed any apps promising to optimize your battery or cache? Are you running any sort of antivirus app? In the first screenshot, it shows Bluetooth, NFC and Location are all enabled. Are you leaving services on all the time or only enabling when needed?

Brightness 15-30% unless driving or outside then auto

Location on

Bluetooth on

NFC on

Apps facebook, instagram, snapchat, youtube, AC, inbox

No battery apps other than GSM battery stats

I have also disabled location nfc bluetooth and still get bad results. I will charge to 100% and disable everything and post stats later.

I feel I should get at least 8-12 hours with everything on and at least 3 SOT but I'm not getting anything near that.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I have also disabled location nfc bluetooth and still get bad results.

I would disable services you're not using and just enable them when needed. Even if something else were responsible for a decrease in battery life, leaving BT, NFC and Location on when you don't need them is not helping.

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I would disable services you're not using and just enable them when needed. Even if something else were responsible for a decrease in battery life, leaving BT, NFC and Location on when you don't need them is not helping.

I usually turn off bluetooth and NFC off but I usually leave location on because I share my location with my family.

But shouldn't I be getting more than 4-5 hours and 1.5 - 2 hrs SOT with everything turned on?

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to think so, but real-world results are dependent on your carrier & signal strength and how your usage of apps interacts with all those services. If you're frequently pinging GPS on max accuracy, that's going to add up.

Have you tried following the steps in the thread: Adjustments, tips and tricks to maximize Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy S6/edge?

Thanks I've made those changes before and I didn't really see a big difference. I'm going to charge to 100% and remove my sim and see how the battery drains without AT&T's chappy network, maybe that's the problem.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to charge to 100% and remove my sim and see how the battery drains without AT&T's chappy network, maybe that's the problem.

That could be something else to consider as well -- if it's not a usage or signal issue (and hopefully not a defect in the battery itself), you might want to look into replacing your SIM before taking more drastic measures. You could also do a full backup in advance of a factory reset and see if that improves your situation.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried wiping the cache?

I have done this a ton of times and it hasn't helped my situation...never. I did a few factory resets, same my battery is still poor.

OP, the battery just ain't good...I have similar to what you're getting. I absolutely love this phone but the battery is just not large enough, that's all.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The battery drain when using Facebook and Instagram is crazy, I have to Greenify them as soon as I finish using them. I also can't leave what's app open. Have to turn off location, nfc and Bluetooth. Also, use Doze app to increase standby time. Amazing device but unless you are rooted it gets pretty irritating.

dreaming of electric sheep

Peter Papoulakos

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The battery drain when using Facebook and Instagram is crazy, I have to Greenify them as soon as I finish using them. I also can't leave what's app open. Have to turn off location, nfc and Bluetooth. Also, use Doze app to increase standby time. Amazing device but unless you are rooted it gets pretty irritating.

dreaming of electric sheep

Maybe that's what's killing my battery. I close the apps when I am done but maybe they are still running in the background and draining my battery.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Maybe that's what's killing my battery. I close the apps when I am done but maybe they are still running in the background and draining my battery.

Instagram is a battery HOG...but i dont use Facebook, deactivated my account, and my battery is still poor. If you want them to stop running in background go to RAM > manage apps and set those apps into Force Close....but even with these on it hasnt helped my battery.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Instagram is a battery HOG...but i dont use Facebook, deactivated my account, and my battery is still poor. If you want them to stop running in background go to RAM > manage apps and set those apps into Force Close....but even with these on it hasnt helped my battery.

I'm not able to auto stop Facebook or Instagram... Or many of the stock Samsung apps either come to think of it. How can I go about auto stopping them?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not able to auto stop Facebook or Instagram... Or many of the stock Samsung apps either come to think of it. How can I go about auto stopping them?

Go to Ram as shown for Samsung manager and then go to manage apps, click force stop

Attachments

• 1548.jpg
    1548.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 1549.jpg
    1549.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 118

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Go to Ram as shown for Samsung manager and then go to manage apps, click force stop

What I'm trying to say is Facebook, Instagram, and over half the apps that came pre installed on my s6 are not on that list of apps that I can auto stop. Only new apps that I download shows up on the list