Battery really bad

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
What I'm trying to say is Facebook, Instagram, and over half the apps that came pre installed on my s6 are not on that list of apps that I can auto stop. Only new apps that I download shows up on the list

Posted via the Android Central App

Wow you're right sorry i didnt notice, yes Instagram isnt on the list because its pre-installed...but Twitter is, because i installed it. Lame.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I also see doze but it wants to create a VPN connection....uneasy feeling

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Doze did wonders for my standby time,highly recommend it.

I have used both shut app and greenify and greenify worked better, although they are both pretty similar.

dreaming of electric sheep

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Doze did wonders for my standby time,highly recommend it.

I have used both shut app and greenify and greenify worked better, although they are both pretty similar.

Without doze I lose about 6-7% overnight when I'm sleeping for 8 hours. With doze I lose 13-15% in the same amount of time overnight. Do you know why it drains so much of my battery?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Without doze I lose about 6-7% overnight when I'm sleeping for 8 hours. With doze I lose 13-15% in the same amount of time overnight. Do you know why it drains so much of my battery?

What apps do you have whitelisted in Doze?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Only whatsapp is white listed.

What I realised with WhatsApp is if I don't close it in the app switcher window it drains the crap out of the battery. Try close WhatsApp before you switch off the screen. Let me know if there's any change.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
What I realised with WhatsApp is if I don't close it in the app switcher window it drains the crap out of the battery. Try close WhatsApp before you switch off the screen. Let me know if there's any change.

But how come it drains so much battery with doze? I never have to manually close anything when I'm not use ing doze and the battery already lasts longer.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
But how come it drains so much battery with doze? I never have to manually close anything when I'm not use ing doze and the battery already lasts longer.

I can only tell you from my personal experience based on my current setup and tweaks. After you have doze on for a while, If you look in battery stats at the graph it should show a flat line, so you know very little battery is being used. Here is my general setup

1. Location off, location history off
2. Nfc off
3. WiFi always scanning off
4. Keep WiFi on when sleeping = only when plugged in.
4. Smart stay off
5. Brightness usually around 15%, Auto brightness off.
6. Close all apps in the app switcher tray regularly when not being used.
7. Greenify all apps that don't need essential notifications. Setup Greenify widget in the home screen and activate it to close non essential apps regularly.
8. Use Doze, only essential apps whielisted.

You can try this setup to see if it helps. I'm going to try just whitelist WhatsApp to see if I get extra drain.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

I can only tell you from my personal experience based on my current setup and tweaks. After you have doze on for a while, If you look in battery stats at the graph it should show a flat line, so you know very little battery is being used. Here is my general setup

1. Location off, location history off
2. Nfc off
3. WiFi always scanning off
4. Keep WiFi on when sleeping = only when plugged in.
4. Smart stay off
5. Brightness usually around 15%, Auto brightness off.
6. Close all apps in the app switcher tray regularly when not being used.
7. Greenify all apps that don't need essential notifications. Setup Greenify widget in the home screen and activate it to close non essential apps regularly.
8. Use Doze, only essential apps whielisted.

You can try this setup to see if it helps. I'm going to try just whitelist WhatsApp to see if I get extra drain.

Juat to test, i turned on dize again and un-whitelisting WhatsApp. So now I have nothing white listed and my battery drained 16% while I was sleeping for 8 hours. Going to turn doze off again

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Juat to test, i turned on dize again and un-whitelisting WhatsApp. So now I have nothing white listed and my battery drained 16% while I was sleeping for 8 hours. Going to turn doze off again

Doze works 100%. If you want to problem solve it, you need to try different things, looking at which apps or services are draining the battery would be a good start.