Battery Temperature When Charging

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Today while charging my phone the battery hit 10OF/38C for the first time. I was using the fast charger this time, but it seems to be random when it gets hot and little correlation to which charger I use. I've had it stay cool (80)on fast charge, get to 95 via USB to my work PC and all sorts of other combinations. Is there a pattern I'm missing or is it really as random as it seems.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was the phone in use while charging? If you were actively using it while charging, that can cause things to heat up more. It could also heat up if it was updating a bunch of apps while charging.

sayyaf khan

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
It's normal with a fast charger to peak at that temperature even when you are not using it.
Every time I've charged it's been with a fast charger and what happens it it reaches a peak of temperature 34-38C a bit more than midway through charge and then falls down.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
For 99% of the charge time it was not in use. I only checked gsam because I picked up the phone to see where how close I was to full and it felt warmer than normal. I get don't get consistent results with battery temp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar