Hi guys,

I have an S6 using Telstra (Australia) as a carrier. For a month it was fine but has since had problems with secure sites over 3G or 4G. Any https site in any browser will give an SSL error (below) This also extends to apps which use a secure connection (ie banking apps) which just say that they have a problem and can't connect.

When connected to wireless, none of the above problems are apparent.

I have rung my carrier who have checked the network settings and tell me to lodge a job with Samsung. Samsung pointed me back to Telstra, but when I insisted went through some steps of clearing cache and finally suggested I do a firmware reset.

I've now done that, being careful to set up as a new device and not to allow any previous backups/data/config to come across. I still have the same problem.

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Ivan
    10-12-2015 09:23 PM
    Hi guys,

I have an S6 using Telstra (Australia) as a carrier. For a month it was fine but has since had problems with secure sites over 3G or 4G. Any https site in any browser will give an SSL error (below) This also extends to apps which use a secure connection (ie banking apps) which just say that they have a problem and can't connect.

When connected to wireless, none of the above problems are apparent.

I have rung my carrier who have checked the network settings and tell me to lodge a job with Samsung. Samsung pointed me back to Telstra, but when I insisted went through some steps of clearing cache and finally suggested I do a firmware reset.

I've now done that, being careful to set up as a new device and not to allow any previous backups/data/config to come across. I still have the same problem.

Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Ivan
    I'm on Telstra and I don't have that issue. Need more info -

Is your S6 rooted?
    Are you using a VPN?
    Are you running an anti-virus app?
    Are you using automatic time and date?

dreaming of electric sheep
    10-12-2015 10:07 PM
    Nope, not rooted.
    No VPN
    No Anti Virus (I did have until I did the firmware reset - all I have added is Chrome and FB
    Whatever the default setting is - I seriously haven't changed a thing - it does have the correct time and date (same as my laptop which is using NTP
    10-12-2015 10:18 PM
    Nope, not rooted.
    No VPN
    No Anti Virus (I did have until I did the firmware reset - all I have added is Chrome and FB
    Whatever the default setting is - I seriously haven't changed a thing - it does have the correct time and date (same as my laptop which is using NTP
    Where did you get the phone from?
    Is it Australian stock, with Australian bands?
    Have you tried a different sim card?

10-13-2015 12:54 AM
    Yep, all Australian. Problem solved now, turned out to be a faulty SIM
    10-18-2015 11:18 PM
    Yep, all Australian. Problem solved now, turned out to be a faulty SIM
    Great to hear!

10-19-2015 06:54 AM