Hi All,

I recently posted this in the Droid Turbo forum, but figured out my get different opinions in this forum.

I am looking to switch from T-Mobile to Verizon (I have horrible reception with T-Mobile at my home in San Francisco, even with a signal booster). At my local Costco, they are offering $200 Costco Cash for each line that I switch to Verizon. Only catch is that I have to purchase a new phone through them (I'm currently coming from a 2013 Moto X).

Of the options they have, I think I narrowed things down to the Droid Turbo and the Galaxy S6. I'm leaning more towards the Droid Turbo since I really like the Moto experience (with active notifications, Moto Assist, closer to stock Android experience) although I'm not really liking the fact that it's a little heavier and thicker. With the Galaxy S6, I like the form factor but am not but don't like the fact that I'm losing all the Moto things listed above (I'm not sure I would tolerate TouchWiz, but it wouldn't be the same).

They're approximately the same price per month, so just wanted to get everyone's (or anyone's) opinion on which of the two phones they would prefer. I'm aware that they might be coming out with a new Droid Turbo, but it will probably be too big for my taste and after October when the promotion ends.

Thanks in advance.
    10-15-2015 06:27 PM
    The Turbo will have a more vanilla Android experience so if you like stock-ish Android that's the way to go. However, Motorola is not known for their cameras and the Droid Turbo follows that trend. The Galaxy S6 has a very respectable camera, so if cameras are very important the S6 is the way to go. The S6 will also be more powerful but you're not likely to notice it in daily usage so you shouldn't have an issue there. The Turbo will also probably have better battery life but both should have quick charging. I can't remember if the Turbo has microSD card support but if so that's a big plus over the S6. The S6 does have wireless charging which is handy, though. You'll probably get better support with the S6 software wise, and better accessory support.

It's been a while since I've researched the Droid Turbo so my memory on the phone is a little fuzzy, so sorry about any holes in my knowledge.
    10-15-2015 06:32 PM
    I had the Droid Maxx before switching to the S6, I still miss some of the Motorola features although not as much as when I first switched. One of the big reasons I went with the S6 over the Droid Turbo was the camera, it is really fast and takes great pictures. I know the Turbo was improved over the Maxx but it still was a step or two below the S6. Touchwiz is not bad at all on the S6, there is a built in theme store so you can change it to look pretty much like stock android, that combined with Nova launcher (which I run on every phone I get) and I have no complaints about the user interface. The only negative I would say about the S6 would be battery life, although I have no problems with mine making it through the day a lot of people have, so just keep that in mind since it is a sealed battery. With the Maxx there was never any worries. But one of the great things with the S6 is the quick charge and built in wireless charging, the only time I have plugged my phone in since I got it, is in the car while driving on vacation.
    10-15-2015 06:44 PM
    I had the Droid Maxx before switching to the S6, I still miss some of the Motorola features although not as much as when I first switched. One of the big reasons I went with the S6 over the Droid Turbo was the camera, it is really fast and takes great pictures. I know the Turbo was improved over the Maxx but it still was a step or two below the S6. Touchwiz is not bad at all on the S6, there is a built in theme store so you can change it to look pretty much like stock android, that combined with Nova launcher (which I run on every phone I get) and I have no complaints about the user interface. The only negative I would say about the S6 would be battery life, although I have no problems with mine making it through the day a lot of people have, so just keep that in mind since it is a sealed battery. With the Maxx there was never any worries. But one of the great things with the S6 is the quick charge and built in wireless charging, the only time I have plugged my phone in since I got it, is in the car while driving on vacation.
    S6 hands down.

Unless battery is a BIG BIG BIG issue for you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2015 12:26 AM
    Galaxy S6
    10-16-2015 12:27 AM
    Droid Turbo 2 coming out on Verizon at the end of the month...
    10-16-2015 02:14 PM
    Thanks everyone for the replies so far. Not sure if Costco will be having the Droid Turbo 2, and I don't think I want a phone size that big (I think the Droid Turbo would be the biggest I would go; missing the nice form factor of the 2013 Moto X).

Just wanted to also ask, how is the call quality (or which phone's call quality would be better)? I'm more concerned about that than anything.
    10-16-2015 03:14 PM
    I personally haven't noticed any difference in call quality or signal strength between the S6 and Maxx. Both have been excellent.
    10-16-2015 05:53 PM