Samsung Galaxy s6 restarting itself, apps crashing.

annainpajamas

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi androidcentral community,

I recently purchased a new phone, the Samsung Galaxy s6. I was really excited as I had heard nothing but good things.

Unfortunately the reality is very disappointing. My phone restarts itself all the time (6x in the last hour alone) and there are constant 'Unfortunately app x has stopped working' messages (15 in the last hour). The applications that crash are everything from FB to the keyboard to the Play Store, nothing consistent.

I have tried starting in safe mode to check if it was a third party app causing the problem, deleting the app cache, wiping the cache partition, a soft reset, a hard factory reset. Unfortunately nothing works and the problems continue.

Obviously this is not sustainable and I need other suggestions on how to fix my lovely device or whether to send it away to the Samsung black hole to get repaired. Also considering returning my dear device and going back to the Nexus Clan.

I live in Prince Rupert, BC, very far away from any Fido repair store and I need my phone for work. What are my options? Any other similar experiences?

Thank you.

In case it matters I'm running Android version 5.1.1

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing. I had to switch to a different phone because its not usable for now. I factory reset and didn't restore from my back up and that worked for a week but today the same thing started happening. Hopefully someone has a solution or something close to one.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Reflash you device via Odin. You can follow the guide here to get all the right files and directions on how to Reflash the firmware to your phone.

If the initial flash of the firmware was flawed before it shipped out from the manufacturer, then a factory reset wouldn't fix the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mystreetspirit

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue.
I bought a new Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) few days ago. It starts to freeze and reboot randomly during the day (about 1 time for hour) without a reason.
I tried to factory reset but in vain. I've also tried to change sim card but nothing.

Do you have news about this problem?

annainpajamas

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Flashing did not work. :( I am currently talking to my carrier (Fido) and Samsung to return or fix my phone. Apparently this is a "known issue", which means they knowingly sold me a 750$ brick AND there is no way to estimate the return date for repairs from Samsung.This will be an interesting conversation.

JackNL

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. Can i ask what screen mode you guys are using? Adaptive display, AMOLED cinema, AMOLED photo or basic?

delrey_sugarbabi xo

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. Can i ask what screen mode you guys are using? Adaptive display, AMOLED cinema, AMOLED photo or basic?

OK wait the screen is a factor then? I just managed to fix constant app crashes with random reboots and freezing on reboot animation and or lockscreen making it reboot again lmao!

BUT MY BATTERY STILL LASTS NO MORE THAN 5 HOURS MAX WITH SCREEN USING 60% OF BATTERY even when it's on lowest setting..