So, I carry an S6 and an iphone6. Both phones have features I love but I can't commit to just one or the other!! The s6 would be my clear choice, if the stinking battery was beefier!!! I cannot get over the excellent battery life in the iPhone6. Oh I know I could disable just about everything on my s6 and get better battery life, but when I pay so much for a phone, I shouldn't have to disable almost everything and make the sacrifice just to get a few extra hours of battery life! When it comes to camera ability, though, the s6 blows the iPhone out of the water!! Supposedly the iphone6s is a better camera. I can't say bc I don't have one. There are less restrictions on Google Play/Android and I prefer that OS. The iPhone is smaller and I like that with my hand size.

This is just my musings on my first-world problem. You can't go wrong with either phone!
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    10-16-2015 04:37 PM
    How is it like to use both at the same time? Do you get confused at times?
    10-16-2015 07:24 PM
    It only takes a little while to adjust to whichever I am using.
    10-17-2015 12:06 AM
    You have both excellent phones.Enjoy them.
    Leslie Hatcher likes this.
    10-17-2015 05:02 AM
    When you set up your s6 to optimize the battery, you are not having to sacrifice anything. Good to see you enjoying both phones. I just CAN NOT get a long with iOS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    10-17-2015 08:28 AM
    So, I carry an S6 and an iphone6. Both phones have features I love but I can't commit to just one or the other!! The s6 would be my clear choice, if the stinking battery was beefier!!! I cannot get over the excellent battery life in the iPhone6. Oh I know I could disable just about everything on my s6 and get better battery life, but when I pay so much for a phone, I shouldn't have to disable almost everything and make the sacrifice just to get a few extra hours of battery life! When it comes to camera ability, though, the s6 blows the iPhone out of the water!! Supposedly the iphone6s is a better camera. I can't say bc I don't have one. There are less restrictions on Google Play/Android and I prefer that OS. The iPhone is smaller and I like that with my hand size.

This is just my musings on my first-world problem. You can't go wrong with either phone!
    You also paid so much for the premium build and the thinness with a 2k display and all the multitasking features running by a heavy processor. Shouldve known that this all equals to mediocre battery life. The iPhone doesn't have those features in its premium thin design. Hence the better battery life.

It's always upto the users to buy a product. Nobody forces anyone. Research should be done before buying.

Your rant doesn't count.

Just saying.

Peace.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-17-2015 10:56 AM
    You also paid so much for the premium build and the thinness with a 2k display and all the multitasking features running by a heavy processor. Shouldve known that this all equals to mediocre battery life. The iPhone doesn't have those features in its premium thin design. Hence the better battery life.

It's always upto the users to buy a product. Nobody forces anyone. Research should be done before buying.

Your rant doesn't count.

Just saying.

Peace.

I wish people would quit blaming the QHD screen, it has been proven time and time again that it consumes less power than the 1080p panel used in the S5.

The S6 battery issues are not due to the QHD screen, the majority of the issues are software related and mobile radio dependent. If the software was working efficiently and correctly, the S6 would have great battery life but Samsung unfortunately can't seem to tame the pig that TouchWiz is.

Apple on the other hand has a closed source operating system with countless engineers working to make it more efficient and optimized. Apple designs it's own processor architecture to fit the needs of its operating system, it also limits background processes to ensure battery is not uneccesarily drained in the background.

All these things add up to give the iPhone acceptable battery life, the S6 on the other hand could do alot better if Samsung actually attempted to tame the software.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    10-17-2015 01:08 PM
    I wish people would quit blaming the QHD screen, it has been proven time and time again that it consumes less power than the 1080p panel used in the S5.

The S6 battery issues are not due to the QHD screen, the majority of the issues are software related and mobile radio dependent. If the software was working efficiently and correctly, the S6 would have great battery life but Samsung unfortunately can't seem to tame the pig that TouchWiz is.

Apple on the other hand has a closed source operating system with countless engineers working to make it more efficient and optimized. Apple designs it's own processor architecture to fit the needs of its operating system, it also limits background processes to ensure battery is not uneccesarily drained in the background.

All these things add up to give the iPhone acceptable battery life, the S6 on the other hand could do alot better if Samsung actually attempted to tame the software.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    The reviewers (people who do this as a profession) do claim that the screen matters when it comes to pushing out pixels. The GPU performance gets affected. Resulting in a strain on battery. And also, multitasking requires a lot of RAM management. The multiple cores working together has to have an affect on battery life.

That seems kind of obvious.

Listen to the reviewers. Not me.

Austin Evans, MKBHD, TLD or anyone you want. Listen to what they have to say.

Because of course I know nothing. I'm stupid.

10-17-2015 02:17 PM
    First, let me say- this wasn't a rant. At all...

Second, from what reviews I have read, the iPhone 6s has a better camera than the iPhone 6, and doesn't sacrifice battery life. I have no real world experience because I don't have a 6s but just going by the reviews. I wish Samsung could do the same thing- excellent battery and an excellent camera. In this day and age, that shouldn't be so hard to do! You can spew all the tech gibberish you want, but most consumers aren't going to understand it or pay attention to it. Most consumers see commercials, social media posts, etc and rush out to buy their device. I never said anyone forced me to do anything- my post was just an observation and explanation to what I experience as pros and cons to both devices. I don't consider myself to be an expert tech geek on internal specs, but I also am not an ***** and my opinion is merely based on real world use, and how most consumers will use their devices.

So, yeah, I am pretty sure my what you call rant, and I call an opinion, is valid.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    10-18-2015 11:55 AM
    Other than disabling some things, what are other suggestions for ways to save battery life on the s6? (And I feel like I wish I didn't have to find ways to compensate for the battery on a device in this day and age... Just my heartbroken opinion...)
    10-18-2015 11:58 AM
    Other than disabling some things, what are other suggestions for ways to save battery life on the s6? (And I feel like I wish I didn't have to find ways to compensate for the battery on a device in this day and age... Just my heartbroken opinion...)
    It's been suggested that having a darker wallpaper reduces power consumption by a bit, and changing wifi settings to disable wifi scanning, if you haven't already done so. - settings /wifi / more / advanced: disable wifi scanning.

Most of my comments here are about defending battery performance on the GS6. I have an Iphone 6 as well as an international model GS6. Neither are on a US carrier and I find they are mostly identical when it comes to battery usage and performance.

In my opinion only, the root causes for poor battery performance of any device, the GS6 included, are in no particular order

1. Carrier software and signal strength [and availability].
    2. Applications [like facebook]
    3. Faulty batteries.

Factor in the millions upon millions of devices sold around the world versus the small percentage of complaints I think the GS6 is stellar.

You are right, you can't go wrong with either phone.
    Saros likes this.
    10-18-2015 12:22 PM
    First, let me say- this wasn't a rant. At all...

Second, from what reviews I have read, the iPhone 6s has a better camera than the iPhone 6, and doesn't sacrifice battery life. I have no real world experience because I don't have a 6s but just going by the reviews. I wish Samsung could do the same thing- excellent battery and an excellent camera. In this day and age, that shouldn't be so hard to do! You can spew all the tech gibberish you want, but most consumers aren't going to understand it or pay attention to it. Most consumers see commercials, social media posts, etc and rush out to buy their device. I never said anyone forced me to do anything- my post was just an observation and explanation to what I experience as pros and cons to both devices. I don't consider myself to be an expert tech geek on internal specs, but I also am not an ***** and my opinion is merely based on real world use, and how most consumers will use their devices.

So, yeah, I am pretty sure my what you call rant, and I call an opinion, is valid.
    By pushing more pixels I meant pushing more pixels on the screen. I wasn't talking about the camera.

And yes, you have a right to call the S6 bad, but only if you call it that in a vacuum and not compare it to something very different like an iPhone. I can understand if you compare it with something like the G4 or let's say, a nexus phone. These phones are running almost the same software with almost the same hardware.

IPhone works differently. They provide you with different set of technologies.

And again, yes you DO have the right to complain about stuff like battery life. Because you've spent so much money. I get that.

Just don't expect your IOS device to behave like an Android device and vice versa. Theyre very very different.

Battery lives should be better on all phones obviously.

But I personally would take thinness, sexiness, the best screen, the best camera, multitasking features and a wide open operating system over amazing battery life any day.

10-18-2015 12:27 PM
    I've only disabled applications I don't use such as Svoice and location based cards in Google now.

That. Is. It.

And I get full day of regular use easily.

I hate turning of things too. Gladly I don't need it that much.

10-18-2015 12:30 PM
    All Things GS6

10-18-2015 04:54 PM
    All Things GS6

Thank you for this. I just went to this post and did several things to hopefully help battery life. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!!!
    AlphaTango414 likes this.
    10-19-2015 07:47 AM
    NP.

10-19-2015 08:28 AM
    NP.

Course right after I cleared my cache and a few other things, an update from Verizon came through.... Sigh.

10-19-2015 09:06 AM
    Course right after I cleared my cache and a few other things, an update from Verizon came through.... Sigh.

I think that's the Samsung Pay update for VZW users.

10-19-2015 09:30 AM