Application Updates

steveL332

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
A couple times per week I'll check the play store for app updates. Usually there are updates for my apps. After I update the apps, within a couple /few days, the play store shows the app has an update available. This doesn't happen with every app that gets updated, but it does it for many of them. It's as if the original update didn't get installed, but it did. Anyone else have this happening?

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
A couple times per week I'll check the play store for app updates. Usually there are updates for my apps. After I update the apps, within a couple /few days, the play store shows the app has an update available. This doesn't happen with every app that gets updated, but it does it for many of them. It's as if the original update didn't get installed, but it did. Anyone else have this happening?

I notice this also. I always scroll down to see what the changeling is and usually it says the same as before. Sometimes I think devs maybe forget something they wanted to include and then resend an update to the store. thats my theory anyway

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I notice this also. I always scroll down to see what the changeling is and usually it says the same as before. Sometimes I think devs maybe forget something they wanted to include and then resend an update to the store. thats my theory anyway

Close. Developers can spend weeks or months coding and testing changes, only to release it and then get reports of issues they did not find in testing. If the issue has a quick fix, they'll release it as a minor update, so won't even bother changing the release notes. If you see a version number it may increase - or not - up to them. They're likely hoping to get the fix out before too many encounter it - and possibly before too many actually install the original update. I've seen apps that were updated multiple times in one day or several times in a week. Although it would be best if they improved their testing, they can't catch every issue, and multiple releases are preferable to allowing a glaring error to linger for months.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Close. Developers can spend weeks or months coding and testing changes, only to release it and then get reports of issues they did not find in testing. If the issue has a quick fix, they'll release it as a minor update, so won't even bother changing the release notes. If you see a version number it may increase - or not - up to them. They're likely hoping to get the fix out before too many encounter it - and possibly before too many actually install the original update. I've seen apps that were updated multiple times in one day or several times in a week. Although it would be best if they improved their testing, they can't catch every issue, and multiple releases are preferable to allowing a glaring error to linger for months.

Is this why Facebook has had the same "What's new" fot the last 15 updates?... Honestly I would rather just see "bug fixes" or something.. Though with Facebook it's more like "found more ways to drain your battery and make it run like crap".. Lol

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Is this why Facebook has had the same "What's new" fot the last 15 updates?... Honestly I would rather just see "bug fixes" or something.. Though with Facebook it's more like "found more ways to drain your battery and make it run like crap".. Lol

Facebook makes their own rules, so who knows what their release policies are. I have a Facebook account but have the app disabled on my phone, since it isn't a priority to me - and since it can be a resource suck.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Facebook makes their own rules, so who knows what their release policies are. I have a Facebook account but have the app disabled on my phone, since it isn't a priority to me - and since it can be a resource suck.

It really is.. Like it's been know to be using more battery than my screen is.. WTF?! might just stay using it over chrome

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I wish it was mandatory to update the What's New every time you upload a change. Google doesn't even update their What's New sections most of the time.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I wish it was mandatory to update the What's New every time you upload a change. Google doesn't even update their What's New sections most of the time.

I wish it was too! I love how Google's "what's new" says to see what's new click the link to go to Google+ and see what's new and then when you do it says nothing about the update.. I'd rather have no "what's new..."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36