Which phone to get?

smackitdude

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
hey guys i had iphone 6 and sold it for good as the restrictive nature of apple was killing me. before that i had an iphone 5s and before that samsung s4. now i want to move back again to android ecosystem. the confusion i am facing is that should i get the s6? the only issue i am concerned is the battery life nothing else. on the other hand i can also get the note 5 . the issue with the note 5 is that it is 32gb with non-expandable memory. 64gb is expensive IMO. i have lot of educational videos to carry around, i know pen drive will solve this issue. but both have the same processor and the camera.
spending less for 32gb s6 is justifiable. i am not able to justify 32gb note 5 model for the price. screen doesn't matter if watching videos.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Any phone you buy will be in 2 years. Even the Note 5 and S6. Only takes about a year or less now a days.

My .02 tho, if you aren't partial to needing a bigger screen and won't capitalize on the S Pen, I'd go with the S6 in 64gb.

32gb gives you about 24gb of usable memory.
64gb gives you about 54gb of usable memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ami Mishra

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung glary s6 active and and everything is the same as the regular s6 but it doesn't have the fingerprint sensor and had the physical buttons at the bottom. It is water resistsnt, drop resistsnt, and heat resistsnt. Also the battery is 3500 mAh and I can go anywhere between 14-16 hours without charging. It is around 4-6 hours screen on time (depending on how you use the phone). I would recommend this but it's only 32 gb but that's enough to suit my needs.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife's iPhone 6s will last for more than 24 hrs with average usage, while my Samsung S6 may last me 13 hrs or so. So, from that anecdotal evidence you can see that the iPhone does have greater battery life than the S6. Nevertheless, I still prefer the S6 over any iPhone. What's nice about the S6, is that I use the wireless charger to keep it charged up when I'm sitting at my desk at home or in the office. Very convenient.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
hey guys i had iphone 6 and sold it for good as the restrictive nature of apple was killing me. before that i had an iphone 5s and before that samsung s4. now i want to move back again to android ecosystem. the confusion i am facing is that should i get the s6? the only issue i am concerned is the battery life nothing else. on the other hand i can also get the note 5 . the issue with the note 5 is that it is 32gb with non-expandable memory. 64gb is expensive IMO. i have lot of educational videos to carry around, i know pen drive will solve this issue. but both have the same processor and the camera.
spending less for 32gb s6 is justifiable. i am not able to justify 32gb note 5 model for the price. screen doesn't matter if watching videos.

Although I have an S6 and I love this phone, I'd say spend a little more and get the Note 5.

If the main issue is battery life then it's certainly going to be a a problem.

Even if you get a 32gb note 5, it would be easier to manage storage as compared to managing battery life on the 64gb S6.

Or the best thing would be to get a note 5 with 64gb capacity. Trust me it doesn't seem like it's worth it now but it will after a year and a half.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If I recall, the Note 5 doesn't have the greatest battery life either. You can't take one person's word about battery life. It depends on SO many different variables. That's why you see some people getting 2h SOT and some getting 4+h SOT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the S6, and I find the battery life awful. I've done all the disabling of apps, etc. I use Samsung Pay a lot, so I'm thinking of going to the Note 5, and giving the old lady the S6. She hardly uses her phone at all. I think for the most part, the biggest complaint about the S6 is the battery. And I agree.

eeyore6802

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the note 4 and as I've been browsing I have to say I'm disappointed with the newer samsung phones. I have extra batteries as a backup and i have an SD card in the note 4. But when looking, the note 5, all the s6 versions all seem to still be only 32gb usually, with not even an SD option and you can't remove the battery. Come on samsung, your better than this. I would say grab a note 4 if any of though options are a big need for you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463