I flipped through the first few pages but didn't see anyone having this issue but I have a new S6 which randomly decides to reboot continuously. It seems to stop as soon as I unlock the phone at just the right time. The problem with this is that , when it happens at night or in my pocket, I will miss TONS of calls. I am on call in the healthcare IT industry and cannot miss calls.

This is a normal phone. It's not rooted or anything and the phone is so new I haven't had time to install much additional stuff.
    10-19-2015 03:18 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Happened 20 times a day and I did everything I could think of. Nothing worked. Got rid of it.

Posted from my Nexus 6
    10-19-2015 03:20 PM
    It's not rooted or anything and the phone is so new I haven't had time to install much additional stuff.
    Definitely take it back and exchange it. I've had my S6 since launch day and it hasn't crashed or rebooted once on its own.
    Jeff Allen1 and neiljay6 like this.
    10-19-2015 03:36 PM
    Definitely take it back and exchange it. I've had my S6 since launch day and it hasn't crashed or rebooted once on its own.
    Just curious but my S6 battery life is horrible too. How is your battery life?
    10-19-2015 10:58 PM
    Just curious but my S6 battery life is horrible too. How is your battery life?
    My experience personally has been good, very much in line with my expectations (refer to this example, with screenshots). I'm not what I'd call a heavy user though -- people who need to spend a third of the day or more on their phone likely have usage patterns that exceed what the device can deliver on a single charge. Samsung included fast charging to help mitigate that, but judging by the abundance of negative comments here on the forum, for some folks it just isn't enough. Many seem to expect it to be an all-day device regardless of usage variance or operating conditions (accounting for signal strength, etc). For some, it just isn't. For my use, it's more than adequate. (For heavy-use days where I'll be away from an outlet, or while traveling, I just bring along an external battery pack.)

The only reason my average drops is if I'm gaming -- resource-intensive games like Hearthstone, for example, can consume 5-10% of the battery per match, depending on game length. If I'm just making calls, browsing the net or listening to music, using social media apps, (as in the screenies provided) I almost always post more than 5 hours SOT on a charge. I should note that's with good coverage & signal strength in my area.

Based on your opening post, it sounds like you may have a defective unit; as such I wouldn't make any quick judgments about poor battery life until you can get it sorted or exchange it for a properly functioning one.

Edited to add: If you think your usage needs go beyond what I've described (or results posted by other users who have similarly positive experiences), you may wish to consider swapping for a different device that will accommodate them.
    neiljay6 likes this.
    10-20-2015 12:58 AM
    I've had my S6 since launch day with no random reboots.
    neiljay6 likes this.
    10-20-2015 05:56 AM
    Try a factory reset if that doesn't fix it return it I've had mine since launch and it's never done that.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 09:37 AM
    So, all the suggestions and tips were useless when you have a bum phone. Being past my 14 day trial period, I had to argue with Verizon a bit until finally convincing them to ship me a replacement S6 and the results are in ... this replacement's battery is tremendous!

I charged my S6 w/Mophie both to 100%. I unplugged at 7AM this morning and now ... at 10PM ... I have just used up Mophie power with my phone just barely down to 99%! With the original "dud" S6, my mophie would've been long dead by mid afternoon and my phone would be gasping at under 10% right now. Heck, I may no longer need the Mophie.

I am also noticing that this has had a ripple effect on my Gear S2 as it's battery has gone down only 8% since 3PM.

Amazing ... so far. If you don't hear back from me the solution to a battery mad S6 is a replacement S6.
    10-27-2015 09:09 PM