Hi everyone,

I try not to update my phone often because it's expensive to do and I've managed to find myself a very cheap unlimited data rolling sim only plan. This is why I still have a GS3.

Most important thing I need from a phone is good performance. That means no stutters/lags/homescreen redraws and apps that boot within milliseconds of tapping on them and crucially, a phone that still does this after a year and more.

I also want a nice camera, good sharp screen mainly so I can view websites in full and a battery which lasts all day.

Is an s6 for me? I've heard reports of lag which I think are atrocious for an "octa-core 3gb ram" phone in 2015! I'd be furious! However, I do like the finger print scanner as it seems like it's a genuinely timesaving thing, especially once samsung pay is out. Which phone should I get? Should I maybe even consider jumping to Apple?

Thanks for any opinions/advice you can give me
    10-21-2015 03:00 AM
    Nexus 6p is an amazing device, I would choose it over the S6.

dreaming of electric sheep
    10-21-2015 03:36 AM
    If lag and a good camera is first for you why not give Apple a try. Last upgrade I went from an S4 which I loved to an Xperia device which was very disappointing so I just ordered a 64GB S6. I have a Table S2 and TW is smooth and speedy in it. Reliable picture quality is a priority and I've found Nexus devices to be over-rated in that respect.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    10-21-2015 06:57 AM
    Hi everyone,

I try not to update my phone often because it's expensive to do and I've managed to find myself a very cheap unlimited data rolling sim only plan. This is why I still have a GS3.

Most important thing I need from a phone is good performance. That means no stutters/lags/homescreen redraws and apps that boot within milliseconds of tapping on them and crucially, a phone that still does this after a year and more.

I also want a nice camera, good sharp screen mainly so I can view websites in full and a battery which lasts all day.

Is an s6 for me? I've heard reports of lag which I think are atrocious for an "octa-core 3gb ram" phone in 2015! I'd be furious! However, I do like the finger print scanner as it seems like it's a genuinely timesaving thing, especially once samsung pay is out. Which phone should I get? Should I maybe even consider jumping to Apple?

Thanks for any opinions/advice you can give me
    Most of the issue with the gs6 are the battery everything else is good to go . As long as you have the up to date 5.1 which bring a lot better battery management and ram management

Posted via the Android Central App
    neiljay6 and dc52ltr like this.
    10-21-2015 04:43 PM
    S6 is a good choice if you are able to use Samsung pay.
    10-21-2015 06:40 PM
    Returned my S6 today. Poor cell service and GPS was a deal killer for me. Do a Google search for "poor service Galaxy S6 ".

I'm going back to my S5 that doesn't have these issues. I really liked the phone, especially the camera, but that was a deal killer for me.
    10-21-2015 08:14 PM
    Galaxy s6 is a great phone if you don't mind the battery life . For me I was getting 4 1\2 -5hrs sot . But with this 5.1.1 update it dropped to 3-3 1/2 hrs. That's good enough for my usage . I'd say get the s6 from a place with a good return policy . Try it out couple of days if you don't like it just return it .

IPhone is another good choice I've had the 5s and iPhone 6 . Love the simplicity of it and guarantee updates . But if all you had was android devices in the past it will take some getting used to not having a back button lol.

Other phones maybe a nexus 5x or if you want a bigger screen 6p .

10-21-2015 10:17 PM
    Thanks for the opinions and pointers so far, please keep em coming

I have to say the 6p does look like a pretty good deal. Only thing putting me off is the size. If it was the 5x with the performance of the 6p I'd be all over it (several youtube videos show that the extra 1gb ram, DDR4 and higher spec processor do make a noticeable difference to speed). Also, the low-light performance of the camera is stunning - I think the best of any smartphone available.

I've also looked into the s5, g4, moto x, note 5 and iphones. 6p in the lead I think. Either way I think I'll end up waiting a couple months to hear whether 6p uncovers any issues
    drone3 likes this.
    10-22-2015 04:38 AM
    Buy a Zen 2 and be done with it. No lagging and great photos you can achieve.
    10-22-2015 06:36 AM
    I just started using an s6 and i would not recommend it to anyone, the battery life is horrible, like really horrible. Until there is a legitimate solution to make the battery just respectable without having to turn off and tinker with everything, i wouldn't recommend it. People said the edge version is the same, but not sure about the edge +.
    10-22-2015 10:40 AM
    Thanks for the opinions and pointers so far, please keep em coming

I have to say the 6p does look like a pretty good deal. Only thing putting me off is the size. If it was the 5x with the performance of the 6p I'd be all over it (several youtube videos show that the extra 1gb ram, DDR4 and higher spec processor do make a noticeable difference to speed). Also, the low-light performance of the camera is stunning - I think the best of any smartphone available.

I've also looked into the s5, g4, moto x, note 5 and iphones. 6p in the lead I think. Either way I think I'll end up waiting a couple months to hear whether 6p uncovers any issues
    $100-200 Moto G
    $200-300 I don't know, idol 3 maybe?
    $300-400 nexus 5X 16gb, Moto X, HTC one A9, one plus 2. My favourites are the Moto X and the A9. Amazing amazing!
    $400-500 moto x (customized), Nexus 5X 32gb
    $500-600 nexus 6p
    $600-800 Galaxy note 5, edge plus, iPhones.

My favourites are the Moto X, Nexus 6p and the edge plus. All these phones however will provide you with the best of android experiences.

I did not include the S6 although I own one because you want good battery life. Otherwise it's been the best phone for me. And the battery life has been plenty sufficient for me.

10-22-2015 02:27 PM
    Returned my S6 today. Poor cell service and GPS was a deal killer for me. Do a Google search for "poor service Galaxy S6 ".

I'm going back to my S5 that doesn't have these issues. I really liked the phone, especially the camera, but that was a deal killer for me.
    You do a Google search for poor anything for any phone and you'll find hundreds of threads and people complaining. Open an iPhone thread, or an android thread. Everybody experiences problems.

10-22-2015 02:31 PM
    You do a Google search for poor anything for any phone and you'll find hundreds of threads and people complaining. Open an iPhone thread, or an android thread. Everybody experiences problems.

Reception? I can deal with small issues but this is major.
    10-23-2015 10:14 AM
    Must be related to your carrier? I have no issues with reception on my S6, in fact S6 better than my last two phones with the same carrier.
    Mst99 likes this.
    10-23-2015 11:51 AM
    If you must buy an S6 buy one carrier free

10-23-2015 12:00 PM
    No!!!! Never. I'll take an Android over Iphone any day. But Galaxy S6 never again. Since its release, I'm on my 3rd device. The screen is in lock mode. Nothing will unlock it. Nobody will. None of my credentials unless I factory reset it and lose my data. I loathe this phone. I called Samsung and let them have it. Wrote them a terrible review, tweet. Ashley Madison gets hacked but customers can't get their data restored by the company that makes their phone?? Unbelievable. I know. Stupidity on my behalf for not backing info. Sometimes we get too busy and forget ok, and we get screwed because we rely on technology which is why I've always been against the advances unless it's for medical purposes. So you back things up to Google or Cloud, then what? That can get hacked too. No one is safe. My next device is LG V10, external SD Card, old school option. Eventually everything will crash. People can backup, create difficult passwords, download apps to protect private info. Nothing is permanent.
    11-06-2015 10:25 AM
    I had an S6 Active & the reception was as good if not slightly better than the S3 I was coming from along with insane battery life. 3500mAh.
    But the form factor design & material were different & may be that played a big part of the reception for the standard S6?

Was looking at the Blackberry Priv, but a couple of reviews have already noted poor reception & tinny sound on calls. Not sure where the person was based who posted the poor reception review? So that is a deal killer for me if it is in fact true. If I had to buy today would go for another S6A or Note 5. Would look at the Nexus 6P if in the 5X size as post number 8 mentioned.
    11-06-2015 10:50 AM
    I have an s6 and an iPhone 6. I switch back and forth but my daily driver is the s6 for one reason mailny- the camera. The s6 is really awesome in many ways, from the super duper display to the camera. This phone checks all the boxes for me. Battery life is mediocre, but seems to be getting better. I have had my phone off the charger since 2 pm today and as of right now, I still have 32‰, with heavy use.

11-06-2015 09:32 PM

How very dare you 😡

11-07-2015 03:38 AM

Check out this story: http://flip.it/OL03a from Flipboard.

The 6P sure BENDS nicely ;p

11-07-2015 09:10 AM